The best emulation program?

hey,

I was wondering, what is the best image emulation program? (i dont care about price)…

I know Daemon-Tools, and Alcohol 120%…

Also, what is a good program to burn CD-Backups with (1:1 copies) ?
Can Alcohol 120% make mds files?

Ok… after the above is answered i wanted to get this answered too:

How do i find out what copy protection a certain CD/DVD uses?

I want to test all kinds of stuff… i have a DVD so i want to play with it alittle bit with Alcohol…
How would i go about making an image of the DVD (maybe it’s protected or smth??)?

(P.S. thx alexnoe!!!)

Originally posted by Caleb
[B]Ok… after the above is answered i wanted to get this answered too:

How do i find out what copy protection a certain CD/DVD uses?

I want to test all kinds of stuff… i have a DVD so i want to play with it alittle bit with Alcohol…
How would i go about making an image of the DVD (maybe it’s protected or smth??)?

(P.S. thx alexnoe!!!) [/B]

For checking your cd’s, you can use Yet Another Protection Scanner (YAPS), Safedisk analyser and safedisk/securerom version analyser.
Also you can use ClonyXXL for checking out the protection used

ok…

And what programs can i use to create backups?

I know CloneCD, Alcohol, BlindSuite.
Is that all i need?

discdump and fireburner helped me make a 1:1 copy with safedisc 2.8 They are both very small and useful additions to have. Check out the tools list for different tools to check what disc protection system is being used

Originally posted by Caleb
[B]ok…

And what programs can i use to create backups?

I know CloneCD, Alcohol, BlindSuite.
Is that all i need? [/B]

Blindsuite makes good copy’s of securerom, CloneCD can’t do that (yet) as far as I know. Alcohol is supposed to copy Securerom.

Safedisk 2.8 should be possible with Blindwrite Suite and with Alcohol and also with CDmate.

So for the time being CloneCD is way back behind:)

You may try GameJack 2.0 for an all-in-one solution :slight_smile:

then what about emulation program

Daemon-Tools vs Alcohol 120%

Alcohol 120% claim 120x speed. Does Daemon-Tools has a limit? Supposingly both are just reading image file from the HD, so it’s the limitation of the HD speed.