The best early Christmas present ever!

vbimport

I always knew my mum had other kids who lived with their dad, from before I was born.

A month or so ago, we got a phone call right out of the blue from the eldest, and through her I now have contact with my older brother and another sister, plus two sets of four neices and nephews :eek:

I tell you it’s quite something going from being the only child to the youngest of four! :eek:

Already met my oldest sister, and met my older brother last night, so one to go (plus the aforementioned nieces/nephews). The oldest two live up North, while my other sister lives about an hour away down here in the South West.

This is why I’ve not been around much, it’s been quite hectic around here LOL. But it’s a lovely early Christmas present :smiley:

That is wonderful news! Have fun. :flower:

That’s terrific Lin, congratulations on the new family and good luck they will love ya.
And a Merry Christmas

That sounds great, Arachne. Congratulations on discovering and connecting with more of your family. I’m very happy for you, as I expect other regulars here are also! :flower:

Thanks guys, I tell you when you discover your eldest niece has been through Uni, and is getting married next year, it don’t half make you feel old LOL :eek: :bigsmile:

Today I had to say “Merry christmas and happy new year” (or rather the German equivalent) to one of my colleagues at work. He’ll travel to India for three weeks on Monday and when he comes back, I’m already off for the rest of this year. :eek:

Yo Lin-

How [B]GREAT [/B]that is for you!!!

You made my day!!!

Congratulations! Do any of them have any Verbatim?

Awww, bless you Mike :slight_smile:

@Liggy - wow, that must seem really weird with over a month to go :eek:

@Olyteddy - haha, I doubt it :doh:

That’s awesome news Arachne!! :clap::clap:

I hope you all enjoy catching up.

That’ll be a few more Christmas pressies too! :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Hi Lin , I wish you the best in meeting your family.
Hard to believe it has taken so long.
I think my curiousity would have gotten the better of me & I would have already looked them up. For better or worse.
So far in your case it seems to be for the better .

I’ve watched a couple of TV “talk” shows where it didn’t work well but I take that with a grain of salt . How much was done for ratings ? It was TV after all.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2663400]
That’ll be a few more Christmas pressies too! :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Oooh I never thought of that :bigsmile: (we’ve just been working out what to buy them LOL!)

[QUOTE=cholla;2663424]
I’ve watched a couple of TV “talk” shows where it didn’t work well but I take that with a grain of salt . How much was done for ratings ? It was TV after all.[/QUOTE]

Me too, we had a show here called “Surprise Surprise” (a new revamped version has just started, funnily enough), and I always used to beg my mum to look them up! I think fear that it would go badly stopped her, though.

Thanks guys :flower:…even a month on I’m still getting my head round it :eek:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2663430]Me too, we had a show here called “Surprise Surprise” (a new revamped version has just started, funnily enough), and I always used to beg my mum to look them up! I think fear that it would go badly stopped her, though.
[/QUOTE]

Oh dear UK pre-satellite trash TV at it’s worst. :eek:

I could just about bring myself to watch ‘Blind Date’ back then even though there were only four channels but “Ciller” Black’s accent used to drive me nuts! :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2663457]Oh dear UK pre-satellite trash TV at it’s worst. :eek:

I could just about bring myself to watch ‘Blind Date’ back then even though there were only four channels but “Ciller” Black’s accent used to drive me nuts! :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Can’t stand Cilla Black, never used to watch either show! :eek:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2663467]Can’t stand Cilla Black, never used to watch either show! :eek:[/QUOTE]

My wife couldn’t stand her either, mainly because she kept pronouncing my wife’s name “Cluh”. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2663470]My wife couldn’t stand her either, mainly because she kept pronouncing my wife’s name “Cluh”. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Or “Clurrrrrrrrr” LOL :bigsmile: