The Best DVD copying software

vbimport

I have been interested in DVD Copying for about 3 years. I first started using software to convert DVDs to SVCDS. Then about eighteen months ago I got a DVD writer. Since that time I have tried every version of DVD copying software that offered a free trial. I think I must be an addict. Every day I come to this forum seeking advice about new software, I scan the web desperately looking for new versions/brand new software. I eagerly install any that I can get my hands on, then pop a DVD Film into the DVD Drive and follow the instructions to copy the film.
Every time I end up disappointed, and depressed. All that work for nothing. I always end up uninstalling the new software, nothing compares to CloneDVD2. I have yet to try software that comes close to the quality, and speed that CloneDVD2 gives me. I cannot praise Elby enough.
This is looking like an advert for CloneDVD2. It isn’t. I just want someone, somewhere, to develop a better copying software. Then my quest will be over. I can sleep easy at night. I shall be able to rest in peace, no more searching in vain for an answer to my phobia.
Please someone put me out of my misery, show me a better DVD copying software than CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD.

Why praise it so much and then ask for help in finding a better program :confused:

You’ve got the best combo.

considering that dvd shrink backups are close to, if not better, than apps that use CCE to do the job [and take hours longer !] i would suggest you give dvd shrink a try.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=631139&highlight=mainconcept#post631139
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=55844&highlight=mainconcept

(FCx(this.href);)]

I would imagine he/she already tried shrink since it’s free.

“Since that time I have tried every version of DVD copying software that offered a free trial.”

Hello Folks,

I believe it is almost a moot point comparing AnyDVD-CloneDVD against the other Compressing Programs previously mentioned in this thread because the others are not updated and improved with the regularity as AnyDVD-CloneDVD are. I believe it is a fruitless endeavor to search for the ultimate Compression Program because it doesn’t exist. I am more than satisfied with AnyDVD-CloneDVD because of its outstanding customer support, simplicity, speed, and proven quality results.

Best Regards,
bjkg

I just want someone, somewhere, to develop a better copying software.

@Altone
I suggest you read this thread Here for a possible answer to your question. Read, in particular, my posts.
Regards,:slight_smile:

OneClick 4.2.1.2, just updated. Use it with AnyDVD and you will have the best combo available. Ease of use and speed to spare.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my original post.
My original post was intended to be a little ‘tongue in cheek’, and I apologise to anyone who failed to see the irony of the message. Saying that, I still remain convinced that CloneDVD and AnyDVD are by far the best DVD copying software that I have tried.
My conclusions are: If it’s faster than CloneDVD the quality is by no means as good.
If it takes longer, ( and I have tried DVDRebuilder, that took three hours to produce a DVD which I really looked closely at, looking for any improvement, and failing to see any.) It is not a guarentee that the resultant film will be of better quality.
No I remain convinced that nothing beats CloneDVD and its partner AnyDVD.
Thanks Elby, and Ollie in particular

I think that the best dvd coping software is DVD shrink because its easy and simple to use. It can copy ANY! dvd. :iagree: :clap: But last week i tried to copy resident evil 2 and it did not work, is i hope they are updating dvd shrink soon :bow: .

If you do not have a High-Def TV you probably will not notice a difference between DvdReBuilder using CCE 6 pass and CloneDVD. But if you have one as I do, The difference is definately there. CloneDVD is one of the best transcoders, but no way can a transcoder beat a encoder such as CCE, especially when compressing at more than 70%.

@ ashmo,

The DVD Shrink software program is “dead” software, which is not supported, and development of this program has ceased. The last time DVD Shrink was updated was a year ago. The DVD Shrink software program will never be updated.

If you are looking for a simple to use DVD copying software program suggest visiting SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) and give the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software combination a try. This software combination has outstanding customer support, simple to use, and provides quality results.

For information on how to use CloneDVD can be obtained by reviewing the CloneDVD User Manual. The CloneDVD Manual can be accessed in the following manner. On the CloneDVD opening page click on “Help” located on the top upper right hand corner on the opening page. The CloneDVD manual will appear.

For information on how to use AnyDVD “Right Click” on the area you desire information about and a Pop Up Window will appear which provides information on that function.

Also suggest viewing the below tutorial which should answer any questions you might have concerning the use of the CloneDVD and AnyDVD software programs.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=72022

Best Regards,
bjkg

bandeng wrote:
If you do not have a High-Def TV you probably will not notice a difference between DvdReBuilder using CCE 6 pass and CloneDVD. But if you have one as I do, The difference is definately there. CloneDVD is one of the best transcoders, but no way can a transcoder beat a encoder such as CCE, especially when compressing at more than 70%.

Thanks bandeng for your reply.
I agree with your statement above regarding a encoder beating a transcoder. Unfortunately, I have not got a High-Def TV, so in my particular case I couldn’t compare the DVD I encoded with DvdRebuilder and the one I transcoded using CloneDVD.
Perhaps, come the time I am fortunately able to own a High-Def TV, I then probably will take a look at the advantages of using an encoder. In the meantime, using the equipement I have, the choice of either making a dvd with CloneDVD, and it taking me, perhaps an hour in total to copy a dvd film, or spending more than three hours in total, using an encoder, with no visible advantage, I still think that CloneDVD is of more practical use to me, and I still think it is the best DVD copying software.
I do appreciate your point of view, although I disagree with it.

There is another option, you can ‘split’ movies into two disks and avoid compression loss completly with CloneDVD. You can also write to DVD-9 disks but they cost about 10X the currently available DVD-5 disks. When price drops in the future you could ‘join’ you two ‘split’ disks if so desired. With a multi disk DVD player you don’t even have to get up to change disks when watching the ‘split’ movie.

Your statement is relative to only a very small minority of the viewing public who own high definition TV’s. You fail to mention that even if you own one (HD TV) you would not see any difference in quality unless your stand alone is capable of higher resolutions.Your stand alone must have a DVI out connector to your TV’s DVI in. Normal DVD’s stand alone play at 480p resolution, you need to go at least to 720i or 1080i to get close to high definition. Currently, there are not many players out there that do this. Samsung, LG, and Zenith (also LG) make such players, there may be more.

I own one, a Zenith and watch my DVD’s at 1080i on a 50" Sony LCD and I can tell you the picture is outstanding using CloneDVD and AnyDVD.

I don’t doubt you that the picture would be better using an encoder but to spend 3 hours copying it doesn’t make much sense to me. If I want to view the best quality available I’ll simply pop in the original, don’t get no better then that. :iagree:

itzbinnice, what is the lowest percentage in clonedvd where you notice a difference on your standalone set-up? Just curious.

In the 50 to 60 % range but still quite acceptable.

Well, the title was “The Best DVD copying software”, which if you have the equipment, software and time is not a factor is DVDReBuilder using 6 pass CCE or “The Big Three” with CCE.

Hi all,
I had my laptop snatched and lost my very best version of CopytoDVD…2.0 something…I am wondering where I can get a download on this puppy…the newer version bites the big one and I do not want to change my other software to accomodate it. I have found a couple of links here but when you click on them you get directed to the VSO site and that bloody awful new version!!! Can anyone lend me a hand or perhaps send me a zipped copy if they still have one around?