The best dvd/cd recorders

WHAT IS THE CONCENSUS FOR THE VERY BEST OF THE BEST INTERNAL SATA AND EXTERNAL USB2 DUAL LAYER DVD/CD RECORDERS THAT ARE OUT THERE TODAY? FRED

There isn’t a consensus.

There are drives that are more liked than others and certainly media plays a huge factor in the equation.

I just purchased an Optiarc 7201A (7201S same hardware SATA version) to replace an old Plextor drive. I’m happy with my purchase and chose it for my needs. Do I think it’s the best? It might have been the best of what was available to me locally.

WELL, YOU’RE RIGHT, I SHOULD HAVE BEEN MUCH MORE EXPLICIT IN MY QUESTION INCLUDING WHAT MEDIA I WAS INTENDING TO USE (TAIYO YUDEN TYG02) AND WHAT MY INTENDED PURPOSE WAS (BURNING 1000’S OF DVDS OVER THE NEXT YEAR). I APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING TIME TO RESPOND AND I HOPE YOUR BURNER GIVES YOU ALL THE PERFORMANCE YOU HAD HOPED FOR WHEN YOU PURCHASED IT!
FRED

Since your media is solid, burner selection is much easier, as pretty much anything worth owning will burn that media with exceptional results.

If you are only looking to burn, I would recommend the same drive I have without hesitation. I would also recommend a Pioneer 216/217 series drive.

I’m sure there are others that would work well for your intended use.

Good luck on your search.