The best DVD burner actually ATA non SATA with bitsetting?

Hi, hallo to all
I have an old PC with ATA connections.
It works well.
Now I have a AWESOME NEC 3500 with Diggy & Lee FW that worked fine til a week ago.
Now I need to change the Nec 3500 and I can’t find any NEC device in the shops near me.
Some good soul can tell me what is the best DVD burner and reader non SATA actually?
Thanks for all.
Bye.
czz:iagree::p:cool:

[QUOTE=czz;1923046]Hi, hallo to all
I have an old PC with ATA connections.
It works well.
Now I have a AWESOME NEC 3500 with Diggy & Lee FW that worked fine til a week ago.
Now I need to change the Nec 3500 and I can’t find any NEC device in the shops near me.
Some good soul can tell me what is the best DVD burner and reader non SATA actually?
Thanks for all.
Bye.
czz:iagree::p:cool:[/QUOTE]

Well you can look at the burner forums and see what users experience with the unit they own are and from that you can decide what burner unit best suits your needs and money value…but also make sure it has a good warranty and recognize brand name so you can get RMA when you need to…

Diggy & Lee

tee hee

Back to the question…you have different camps that you will get preferred brands from.

Some like Pioneers as they are excellent burners, but poor scanners.
Some like Lite-On as they are good all around.
Some like LG, but not all of the models are recommended.

NEC has been gobbled up by Sony and are now Optiarc and AFAIK are not the same quality drives that they once were under the NEC brand. As suggested do some research in the drives forums and make you decision from there.

Diggy & Lee
tee hee

anyway that’s to bad about your 3500 as the infamous 2.R8 has been released and now you can do quality scans.

Sorry to Liggy & Dee…I ask forgiveness!!!
My mistake doesn’t change thier better job.
Thanks to all the others for answers.
Scuse me LOCOENG I saw not all Lite-on are good.
Do you know something about the new DH 20A4P?
And a good model of LG?
TNX
Bye.
czz:confused:

All brands have their shining stars…I said “all around”, not all are good. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not familiar with the 20A4P

Before you write off your 3500, why don’t you try cleaning the lense with a q-tip and some alcohol (isopropyl). There may be some dust on the lense, I had this problem with my Benq 1640. The burn quality got really bad all of a sudden, when I removed the drive I realized I had never opened it before (little sticker) so I knew the lense had 2 years of crap on it. Takes 5-10 minutes to disassemble/reassemble. :cool: