The best CD-RW

Hi,
Im thinking about buying my new cd-rw so i can copy the latest protections.
Which burner shall i buy?
My price limmies are £1:) -£70.
I hope to steer clear from LG this time :stuck_out_tongue:
Will a litey do the trick?
Thanks a lot guys…

If you buy a Lite-ON or Asus you can’t go wrong :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Lvsitano
If you buy a Lite-ON or Asus you can’t go wrong :bigsmile:

Agreed.

Plextor if just for audio needs. Best at reading scratched up old cd’s and best correction I ever seen.

any spec models?

My JLMS (aka Lite-ON) XJ-HD166S is great, buy one, you won’t regret.

Of course your in GB so I quess it deosn’t apply. You might also think about waiting for a sale on a DVD burner if you think you might like a DVD burner, you might get one for just $35 more if you catch one on sale and do some research on CD protection bypassing.

Would suggest the LiteOn 52x32x52 which will write to every media I give it. A fast and quiet reader also.

I would get the LiteOn 52X52X32 CDRW from www.aria.co.uk. That’s 52x Write 52x Read 32x Re-Write.

Yea, I agree. The LiteOn LTR-52327S is one of the best I’ve seen, and used. It will copy most of the newest protections, but it fails, like most, on ones like tages. Check www.pricewatch.com for good deals. just type in LTR-52327S into the search box at the top and hit enter.

Originally posted by xtacydima
[B]Agreed.

Plextor if just for audio needs. Best at reading scratched up old cd’s and best correction I ever seen. [/B]

Them Plextors are also good for SecuROM 4.8x/5 too!:slight_smile:

Why does everyone recommend the Litey when the Plex can backup SecuRom 100% without the need for emulation.

It is also within his price range - 70 pounds!

Originally posted by Serpeant
[B]Why does everyone recommend the Litey when the Plex can backup SecuRom 100% without the need for emulation.

It is also within his price range - 70 pounds! [/B]

Cause it aint 2 sheep.

So, what drive should i buy?
It has to be able to do SD3.x, Securom 5.xx.

Thanks

Are there any new CDRW drives on the horizon that will be better at defeating copy protection? I know that the Lite-On LTR 52327S has been often recommended, but it is kind of old now.

As far as I know, there are now new products in the cdrw coming to market. All the R & D is going into DVD+/-RW’s which have a better profit margin. I picked up my LiteOn at Christmas time for a mere $19.99 after rebate! The combo drives are also newer than the pure cdrw’s. At 52x, the disc spins faster than 10,000 rpm’s, so we won’t see anything spinning faster than that for the foreseeable future.

Originally posted by tgc225
Are there any new CDRW drives on the horizon that will be better at defeating copy protection? I know that the Lite-On LTR 52327S has been often recommended, but it is kind of old now.

Not really, it’s still the fastest on the market. I think.

As far as I can tell, the Plextors do SecuROM 5 without emulation whilst the Asus and Liteons do Safedisc without emulation.

None do both.

Originally posted by Serpeant
[B]As far as I can tell, the Plextors do SecuROM 5 without emulation whilst the Asus and Liteons do Safedisc without emulation.

None do both. [/B]

LiteON and Asus CAN do it without emulation, but a different technique. As most burners can do it without emulation with the Twinpeak technique.

IMHO, twinpeaks is patching.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense that companies aren’t putting a lot of research into CDRW drives, especially because DVD drives are all the rage now, and copy protection is getting tough now. But I still think Lite-On should consider a newer drive, I mean, there would be a large market for that type of thing. That LTR drive came out in June 2003, so it’s been quite a while since the drive was out, and I’m sure improvements can be made. I guess I just would like to see a new “definitive” drive for copy protected games.