The best cd-r to burn music from pc

vbimport

I have spent several hours converting old 78 record albums and cassette music to my computer, then I burned them to cd-r, about 150-200 of them.

After a few months the cd’s stopped working completely or just hung-up on a song . . . I am truly frustrated.

After reading several articles I have found that the best cd-r products to use is either the Taiyo Yuden or the MAM-A.

Can both of these products be used on a computer cd-writer and which one do you suggest I use??

I want the best!

Please, can you help??

Karen

For that large of a quantity no doubt go with Taiyo Yuden, they are simple the best readily available CD’s you can buy.

[QUOTE=korinna420;2179200]I have spent several hours converting old 78 record albums and cassette music to my computer, then I burned them to cd-r, about 150-200 of them.

After a few months the cd’s stopped working completely or just hung-up on a song . . . I am truly frustrated.

After reading several articles I have found that the best cd-r products to use is either the Taiyo Yuden or the MAM-A.

Can both of these products be used on a computer cd-writer and which one do you suggest I use??

I want the best!

Please, can you help??

Karen[/QUOTE]

:iagree: with the choice of Taiyo Yuden CD-R media, although Verbatim AZO CD-R media is also a very good alternative. Getting the “Extra Protection” or “Crystal” variants of TY and Verbatim CD-Rs helps against misuse and accidental scratches due to their additional protection layer treatments.

Hello Karen, welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

My choice would be Taiyo Yuden for CDR :iagree:

You don’t say where you’re from, but there are a couple of great places online to buy genuine TYs - www.rima.com if you’re in the US, and www.svp.co.uk if you’re in the UK :slight_smile:

Other than that, just look for “Made in Japan” on CDR packages in B&M stores. Though as mentioned, for that quantity, buying 100-packs online is probably your best option. :slight_smile:

Thank you all for the information!! You were very helpful!! Now I can order with some confidence!!

Merry Christmas to all!!