The best case for my verbatim discs?

vbimport

Hello,

I was just wondering wat would be the best case i could buy for my dvd’s. Currently i have the verbatim trim dvd cases but it jjust seems they are thin and the dvd gets smushed. Does anybody have experience with these cases.

Anyway i want to get the best cases for my dvd’s that will help them last very long. Any suggestions?

Safest cases are probably DVD cases -

they have a rim so if the disks spin in the case, the underneath will not touch the plastic
they are dark - DVD’s should be kept in the dark.

Cheers

hmm i see. Ok mine are dark and i think they have that rim. They dont spin when i try to spin the cuz in the case the outer bottom edge of the disc is on the rim. so that is good to have the outer underneath of a disc to be suppoerted by a rim and have it touching alittle bit of plastic?

The only reason i want to get different ons is because mine are slim cases. they are veryyy thing and it feel like my dvd is smushed in there.

Can anybody recomend the best standard size dvd discs ? i heard amaray were good discs?

I would say not a major issue either way really. I like the rip, to protect the dd touching the plastic.

If you are happy with Verbatim disks, but unhappy with the cases, why not purchase a spindle of disks and then buy cases loose.

Cheers

I like the rip, to protect the dd touching the plastic.

What is dd?
if there is a rim, it touches the outside underneath of the disc.

and i want to buy cases some where else, but first i want to figure out what is the best case for my discs.

The best cases for DVD discs are Amaray-branded DVD-style cases.

There are plenty of other choices but you asked for the best… :wink:

yes i did franc and thats what i want :smiley:

ok are these them?
http://www.sleevetown.com/dvd-case.shtml

They are the first ones on the page that says made in usa.
Could i trust ordering them from a website. if you ever bought them before could you send me a link to where you bought them.

Wait a minute one more question. ok is amaray a brand or just a style of case

anyone there :confused:

Any other good Amaray e-merchants in North America?

well i just read this on one of the websites supposidly selling real amarays

The one and only Amaray leads the market and sets the standard for all DVD packaging. From entertainment to corporate and promotional media on disc, NEXPAK’s exclusive license of the Amaray name in North America is the mark of quality and dependability. Product configurations include a single disc case and a double disc case with expansion tabs in the spine to accommodate a snap-in disc tray for a second disc.

That means they have a liscense to use amarays name right?

So where in the world do i get some real amarays at!!
please help Franckboy or anyone!!!

someone :frowning:

Guess everyone wants to keep those Amaray suppliers a secret… :slight_smile:

I don’t know! :disagree: I know sources only in Europe, sorry…

Anyone know if you can get Amaray cases @ best buy, compusa, micro center, etc?

hmmm. do you know if nexpak makes them???because thats what they are saying on the websites i was at. they were saying something like nexpak liscensed these amaray’s.

Francboy do you have a website where i an see some real amarays?

People with Amaray cases - How do you label them? Any recommendations - something that looks clean and classy :stuck_out_tongue:

JT i thought you were looking for them?

I haven’t bought them yet – Can’t you purchase them online?

Sure, or just take a walk down to Memphis TN. :bigsmile:

[I]Note.[/I] Link already posted in #7

hey pinto? do you know where i can get real ones?

that link you gave me (sleevetown.com) sells the nexpak ones. these ones say

The one and only Amaray® leads the market and sets the standard for all DVD packaging. From entertainment to corporate and promotional media on disc, NEXPAK’s exclusive license of the Amaray® name in North America is the mark of quality and dependability. All cases feature literature tabs and a full outer sleeve for printed insert. Custom colors are available for volume order quantities.

they have a liscense, these arent the originals. are they just as good or does anybody know where to get the originals?