The best blu ray burner for a laptop

vbimport

I believe that there are quite a few of us out there who want to know the answer to this question, or at least some person’s informed opinion about it. From doing a little bit of research here, I’ve come to the conclusion that two of the best products out there right now - regardless of whether it’s for a laptop or not - are these two:

and

The pioneer bdr 205 seems to me to freakin smoke the digistor in terms of speed of the burn. On the other hand, the digistor is portable with your laptop away from ac power. I don’t care about portable though. I care about burn speed. Is there a way to get the pioneer performance in that regard for a laptop?

Yes there is. You need an external case to house the pioneer bdr-205 and then plug it into your laptop. And one of the best external cases for that as discussed on this very forum is the VANTEC NST-530SU. So wouldn’t it be great if you could get the pioneer bdr 205 and the Vantec housing for a good price?

Well, you can. Right here:

You also get a “free” Optical Quantum 25GB disc. :slight_smile:

They are still Slimtype or Super-Slimtype and they never can or will be reliable like Half-Height drives…

[QUOTE=chef;2508409]They are still Slimtype or Super-Slimtype and they never can or will be reliable like Half-Height drives…[/QUOTE]

So. If you have a half-height to recommend then go for it.

I’m not sure what chef was talking about. The Pioneer 205BK in that enclosure should be fine. It [B]isn’t[/B] a slim type burner.