The Audio only option

vbimport

Greeting all. I have a DVD concert video I would like to rip the audio track from. It seems there is an “Audio Only” option with my version of DVDFab Platinium but when I try to follow the instructions in the tutorial, some choices are greyed out and others simply are not there for me to select.

Will DVDFab copy only the audio track only? I am lost as to how to do that if it does. I tried reading everything before posting this question. Thanks for any help on the subject.

Other than this “problem” the software works very well! No coasters for me.

You have to first choose the audio format you want, then select the mobile profile that has that audio option available. The Audio Only button will be inactive or greyed out if the profile you chose does not have the option available [I]and not every profile has it.[/I]There is a list at the top of the tutorial page that shows the audio formats and which profile to use. See the tip at the bottom of the page if you want to make individual audio files for each chapter instead of one big audio file of the whole thing. If you will tell me which audio format you are trying to use I will test it and give you the settings.

Thanks for your help. I’d like a MP-3 format so I can burn the tracks to a CD. My options listed under DVD to Mobile are: “Generic”, “I-Pod” (A MP-4 format), “PSP”, “CellPhone”, “PVA” and “PDA”.

Most show an MP-4 format when you hover the mouse over them, so I know that is a video format. With that, if I select any of them, the software wants to copy the entire DVD. None offer an audio format for me save for the “Ipod” option. IT states MP-4 next to it when I hover the mouse over it, I did not even try it for an MP-3 format.

The help files imply I should add a device of my choice and that is where I get lost. If is possible, I would like to pick chapters for each song. Any ideas?

Select “Generic”. Select the Title and audio stream you want to convert. Click Next. Click the Conversion Settings button. Click the Audio Only button. Use the drop down at the top (illustrated [B]here [/B]) to select the MP3 format. On the same page, set the Split to Split by Chapter and make any other changes to MP3 bitrate, etc. and then click OK, then click Start. This will produce an individual MP3 file for each chapter of the original.

Ok, I must be missing something. Here are some screen shots of what I have. There is no MP-3 option in the pull down menu.

See screen shots here: http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/album.sfly?sid=0BYuWrls2csWEy&startIndex=0&fid=5f0509f2bc33a69e

There is no convert button either.

@oldwizkid ;
I think you need to select Next & the drop down will be in that window.
I only have the free version of Fab so I can’t do the mobile.
I looked at the (illustratred Here ) in signals post.
There should be the Generic pull downs after you select Next.

I’ve read and re-read the tutorials. Is it possible that the version of DVDFab will not have the same tutorial? My version is: 3.2.1.0
It seems to have the same opening menues, but things are different as I get into further steps.

Will my 3.2.1.0 version still do the separate audio task? If I need to upgrade to the current version, (5.x.x.x) will my licence still make it fully functional or will I need to pay more for the latest version?

@oldwizkid ;
I’m not as familiar with DVDFab maybe someone else could help more .I do think the license for the versions before 5 is lifetime.That is supposed to mean that you can upgrade to version 5 for free & it remains a lifetime free upgrade.
If someone purchases v 5 after a certain date then it has a term liscense.
Or that’s my understanding

[quote=oldwizkid;2166234]I’ve read and re-read the tutorials. Is it possible that the version of DVDFab will not have the same tutorial? My version is: 3.2.1.0
It seems to have the same opening menues, but things are different as I get into further steps.

Will my 3.2.1.0 version still do the separate audio task? If I need to upgrade to the current version, (5.x.x.x) will my licence still make it fully functional or will I need to pay more for the latest version?[/quote]Cholla is right, you need to upgrade., The features you are trying to use were not available in version 3–they were added recently in version 5. If you have a license for v3 Platinum, yoiu can get a new key FREE for v5. Go to the support page on dvdfab.com or use this link: http://www.dvdfab.com/retrieveregkey.htm
You must enter the email address you used when you made the purchase of v3.

Thanks to everyone for their help. I upgraded to the latest version and everything works perfectly.

However, when I visited the link to get my upgrade registration key, I get the same key I had before. So, for now, I’m “Trying” the software. I guess I’ll email someone to get a new key for the latest version.

[quote=oldwizkid;2166576]Thanks to everyone for their help. I upgraded to the latest version and everything works perfectly.

However, when I visited the link to get my upgrade registration key, I get the same key I had before. So, for now, I’m “Trying” the software. I guess I’ll email someone to get a new key for the latest version.[/quote]You have to select v5 key from the dropdown selector on that page. It should work I think even when updating from v3.

CDfreak, you are very good!! I changed the request and the new key worked perfectly! Thanks all again!