The ATIP protection

Does anyone know how exactly this works and if there is a way to edit the file to make a copy on a CDR look like it was a pressed CD?

I don’t know about makin a CDR look original, but you just gave me a great idea!

Maybe the PSX protection is in the ATIP and since the ATIP is pre-written on a CDR, that’s why we can’t copy MOD protectoin!

I know the ATIP is on the CDRs.

I want to know if you can edit the program that looks to see if the game is on a CDR or a pressed CD and make it, think it is a pressed CD.

Well, if you make a good copy, the CD-Drive already thinks that it is an original. The ATIP is just used by the burner for information such as the lenght 74-80Min, disc speed, and manufacturer.

I understand that CD-Rom will read it ok, but I just use a burner. I don’t have any CD-Rom drives installed at all. I could install one but this is more challenging!

Originally posted by SPINESHANK
[B]I know the ATIP is on the CDRs.

I want to know if you can edit the program that looks to see if the game is on a CDR or a pressed CD and make it, think it is a pressed CD. [/B]
yes it can be done. this is essentially what no-cd patches do, along with disabling the search for the cd at all. i’m not sure if unsafedisk and betablocker also disable the atip check or not but if not they will soon have to. most of the newer sd2 games look for it to determine if it is running a burned copy. only the burner is capable of reading it because it needs the info but cdroms have no use for it.