The art of DVD burning

hi im new to dvd burning and have tryed many programs to burn my avi home films to a DVD-RW disk.

i have used:

Nero Burning Rom
Super DVD Creator
and now. . ConvertxToDVD

None of them work :confused:

my dvd player is JVC XV-S302

my dvd player says it cannot play dvd-rw, dvd+rw, dvd-r, dvd+r and some other disks, but my friend brought round a home video that was burned onto a dvd disk and it played fine.

i dont know how he got it on there because he didnt do it himself.

can someone please help me with the whole dvd burning process starting from AVI files -> DVD-R disk to play on standalone dvd player.

any info or a link to a guide would be helpfull

thanks

Hi there,

Did you convert your files with 100% results with ConvertXtoDVD ?

Maybe you are having burning issues ?

Please provide us a full burn logs.

Using low quality media, and/or burning too fast may be at cause here.

Is it ?

ConvertXtoDVD converted videos, burned on Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim (High Quality Media) and not burned too fast, provides me 100% success anywhere and everywhere !

my dvd player says it cannot play dvd-rw, dvd+rw, dvd-r, dvd+r and some other disks, but my friend brought round a home video that was burned onto a dvd disk and it played fine.

If your standalone won’t play DVD+/- R, but it would play your buddy’s disc just fine, perhaps he booktyped +R to DVD-ROM and that is the reason his will play.

FROM JVC XV-S302 manual:
This unit accommodates the NTSC television system and can playback discs recorded with the NTSC system. Note that
the unit cannot playback the disc recorded with the PAL system.
Non-playable discs
DVD-ROM, DVD-RAM, DVD AUDIO, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, CD-ROM, PHOTO CD, CD-EXTRA, CD-G, CD-TEXT,
SACD

Unbeliavable… I would throw this FAR away and get decent player!
Seems that only DVD+R is accepted.
So - try using those disks!

can someone please help me with the whole dvd burning process starting from AVI files -> DVD-R disk to play on standalone dvd player.

No. That player can not play -R.
However, it should play +R, guide is even on this forum!

thanks alot everyone.

i shal go and buy dvd+r disks and try again :doh:

Hi,

You can probably find a cheap DVD Player that will cost you less then 100 DVD+R now that’s scary :confused:

And it will support Divx, JPEG, MP3 and all the media formats :bow:

I’ve got one of these players, and it definately reads DVD-R.