The $499 utp cable

Original url: http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/3429.asp#

Denon’s 1.5 meter (59 in.) proprietary ultra premium Denon Link cable was designed for the audio enthusiast. Made from high purity copper wire and high performance connection parts, the AK-DL1 will bring out all the nuances in digital audio reproduction from any of our Denon DVD players with the Denon Link feature connected to a Denon Link enabled Denon A/V receiver. The AK-DL1 employs high level tin-bearing alloy shielding not typically available in commercial cabling, to eliminate data loss caused by noise. Additionally, signal directional markings are provided for optimum signal transfer. Attention to detail when building this cable was used by employing high quality insulation and woven jacketing to reduce vibration and to add durability. Rounded plug levers help prevent breakage.

Price: $499.00

I am sure this cable produces a transparent sound with lots of air and presence in the instruments, giving voices the optimal timbre and whatnot.

This would apply especially for Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and zipped installation files transferred over the cable. :iagree:

Where can I sign up for ten of these? :confused:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2264609]I am sure this cable produces a transparent sound with lots of air and presence in the instruments, giving voices the optimal timbre and whatnot.[/QUOTE] Heavy on the “whatnot”…

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2264609]Where can I sign up for ten of these? :confused:[/QUOTE] Pick up a few extra for me when you find out Drage…

And the audio idiot stupidity continues…I’m in the wrong business…:rolleyes:

I vote that hydrogenaudio’s TOS#8 be applied to this thread ;)!

May be www.monoprice.com whould go out of business with their pricing.

Lampshade cord works best. Just solder the appropriate connectors and your all set. It’s just a bunch of “Hoo-Hah”.

and I thought monster was bad :eek:

[QUOTE=jwill427;2265129]and I thought monster was bad :eek:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This is now officially the biggest scam in the audio business. :eek:

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2268106]Agreed. This is now officially the biggest scam in the audio business. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Not even close Drage…
http://www.locus-design.com/interconnect.html

Hey, at least for 20% you can rent one for a month…

[QUOTE=pipemanid;2278647]Not even close Drage…
http://www.locus-design.com/interconnect.html[/QUOTE] Darn! I’ve been copying my music files using an USB cable that probably totally ruins the transparency, timber and sonic excellence of all my music! I should have paid those $234,567,123,898 for a good USB cable! :doh:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2278823]Darn! I’ve been copying my music files using an USB cable that probably totally ruins the transparency, timber and sonic excellence of all my music! I should have paid those $234,567,123,898 for a good USB cable! :doh:[/QUOTE]

You should not forget to buy a CD/DVD demagnetizer too.
http://www.gcaudio.com/cgi-bin/store/showProduct.cgi?id=190 :bow:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2278823]Darn! I’ve been copying my music files using an USB cable that probably totally ruins the transparency, timber and sonic excellence of all my music![/QUOTE] There goes the quality of my Lumberjack Song! :sad:

[QUOTE=pepst;2278831]You should not forget to buy a CD/DVD demagnetizer too.
http://www.gcaudio.com/cgi-bin/store/showProduct.cgi?id=190 :bow:[/QUOTE] I’ll get right on it after I have coloured the edges of all my CDs with a green marker pen. :iagree:

I’ll get right on it after I have coloured the edges of all my CDs with a green marker pen.

I bought a used copy of Cowboy Junkies ‘Trinity Sessions’. It was recorded in one take using a Stereo mike and has ambient noises of the chapel it was recorded in, including the slight ‘rumble’ of the air conditioning system. The previous owner had actually installed a rubber disk (similar to a turntable mat, only CD size) on the CD to quiet the rumble…

One thing I am really curious about is how exactly does Denon’s equipment benefit from using such a high end unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cable, where a shielded twisted pair (STP) cable or even another type of connectivity sockets and cable would not work right. :slight_smile:

As far as I can tell, the Denon Link feature is not for network traffic but for carrying digital sound data, so in my opinion they should have used an optical link instead of RJ45 network sockets for connectivity. An optical link does not suffer from any type of RF interference either. On the other hand, they probably did this as it would be difficult to come up with an $499 optical cable backed by a good explanation. :smiley:

[QUOTE=Seán;2278948]… as it would be difficult to come up with an $499 optical cable backed by a good explanation. :D[/QUOTE] I’m sure they could do it, if they tried! :wink:

Put a fluorescent light fixture on the same circuit that your audio equipment is on. If you can not hear the 60Hz buzz when the amp is quiescing (idling ) then your system and/or speakers are not sensitive enough and do not warrant anything but the most economical speaker wire.

I have always felt Denon’s stuff was overrated. Just an opinion.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2279017]Put a fluorescent light fixture on the same circuit that your audio equipment is on. If you can not hear the 60Hz buzz when the amp is quiescing (idling ) then your system and/or speakers are not sensitive enough and do not warrant anything but the most economical speaker wire.[/QUOTE] So what you’re saying is, that you need high-end equipment to hear all the noise, that your audio system is supposed to be shielded from if properly constructed? :stuck_out_tongue: