That's CD-R Ceramic Coat 48X - Mini Review

G’day all,

So I got my two cartons of That’s CD-R Ceramic Coat 48X today. Here are the first results.

Written at 16X on a Pioneer DVR-112D f/w 1.24.

Regards,
TerminalVelo

These wouldn’t be the cheap ones from JPL would they? I also got myself 150 of these. Here’s a scan. Btw, nice jitter for a burn on the 111L!

I burnt this @ 16x with the 4167B DJ13. Don’t mind the burn date, it’s a backup of PS1 game.

I suggest that you have a close look at the scans again.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

[QUOTE=terminalvelocd;1945964]I suggest that you have a close look at the scans again.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD[/QUOTE]

He meant his burn :bigsmile:

Excellent scans of you both but may I ask why is cd pirate’s burn is Class 2 ? Was it because the 17 Max C1

[QUOTE=terminalvelocd;1945964]I suggest that you have a close look at the scans again.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD[/QUOTE]

Hehe yes I know, 112 hehe. It seems the 112 is a better writer for jitter than the 111.

[QUOTE=minaelromany;1946142]He meant his burn :bigsmile:

Excellent scans of you both but may I ask why is cd pirate’s burn is Class 2 ? Was it because the 17 Max C1[/QUOTE]

I meant Terminalvelocd’s but I made a typo hehe. Dunno why it’s class2 but I never follow classes anyways. It’s like believing in the scoring system of Disc Quality scans.

Here’s one of my 111L burns on the same media. You can see the jitter is not as perfect.

[quote=minaelromany;1946142]… but may I ask why is cd pirate’s burn is Class 2 ? Was it because the 17 Max C1[/quote] Yes. You need maxC1 < 10 for a Class 1 burn (I’m not sure if maxC1=10 qualifies).

Who cares what “Class” CD Speed thinks your discs are. I go by overall error and jitter trends. With a C1 average of around 0.3 when measured by the sensitive Plextor PX-760A, I think the burn on the DVR-112D is nothing less than 1st class.

BTW, [B]cd pirate[/B], would you be able to scan your TY CD-R at 24X P-CAV so we can compare jitter? Also, what speed did you use to write the discs? Cheers!

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

Does 24x make a difference? I have no idea what the suggested CD-R scanning speeds are. I heard and read 32x was good but I’m not sure at all hehe.

I’ll scan @ 24x for you, but which scan would you like, the one by the 4167B or 111L?

Btw, I burnt both @ 16x.

[quote=terminalvelocd;1946331]Who cares what “Class” CD Speed thinks your discs are. [/quote]I don’t - I was merely answering a question. :wink:

I go by overall error and jitter trends. With a C1 average of around 0.3 when measured by the sensitive Plextor PX-760A, I think the burn on the DVR-112D is nothing less than 1st class.
I agree that this seems to be an excellent result with very low BLER, very low jitter, and no E32 or E22 errors.

What I said wan’t in reply to your post in particular, I was just stating my position on this “Class” crap, which I never take notice of. I don’t take any notice of “quality percentages” either.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

Here’s the 111L 16x burn scanned @ 24x P-CAV. Let me know if you want the LG burn scanned as well.

It seems to scan quite similar regardless of speed.

I wouldn’t be concerned about a C1 average of only 0.44 - that’s really quite good.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

[QUOTE=terminalvelocd;1946512]I wouldn’t be concerned about a C1 average of only 0.44 - that’s really quite good.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD[/QUOTE]

Nah, I couldn’t care less about such a small amount lol. But the jitter could be better. :stuck_out_tongue: