That Tmpeg...what a POS!

vbimport

I tried joining 3 perfect SVCD files together and guess what?

Lip-synch city :frowning:

How many times have you heard people complain about Tmepg and its lip-synch problems? Thousands! Do they actually test this tool or just shove it up for downloading. Never again will I waste any more hours using this awful tool.

TMPGenc is’nt such a bad tool. It’s just misunderstood and takes a lot of practice!

However, if you want to join a load of Mpeg’s and turn them into DivX, Xvid or WMV9VCM files, why not have a go with MPEGmediator (v1.5).

It’s a very small, easy to use program, which also has an Mpeg 1&2 encoder, (but it’s not the best and I would not bother loading it).

I’ve never encountered any sync problems with it.

You could always turn your SVCD files into ‘high bit’ DivX etc files, using MPEGmediator and then turn them back into SVCD.

Originally posted by Active8
[B]I tried joining 3 perfect SVCD files together and guess what?

Lip-synch city :frowning:

How many times have you heard people complain about Tmepg and its lip-synch problems? Thousands! Do they actually test this tool or just shove it up for downloading. Never again will I waste any more hours using this awful tool. [/B]

TMPGenc is great program for encoding generally (compared to many) but joining SVCD’s in NOT one of its best features. I find MPEG2VCR by Womble works everytime for me with SVCD’s assuming they have been made and cut correctly in the first place. Demo of ver 3.14 from www.womble.com