Thanks for 812s successes

vbimport

I recently picked up a pacific digital 8x as a discounted replacement for my burned up optowrite 4x (credit goes to Staples for allowing the return outside of “warranty” channels). Turns out is was in fact an 812s. I’ve made many many changes back and forth from models and firmware revisions etc. and finally reached a nirvana as far as I’m concerned. I wanted to drop a thank you to everyone who contributes here, and a special thanks to the code debuggers, firmware hosters and tool creators. I was going to name names but I’d leave someone out for sure.

I have never burned a coaster except when testing something and I knew there was risk or due to my error alone. I require bitsetting capability due to some older toshiba model standalones I have and it works flawlessly now as well (without USOJ). The tools, the support and the helpful tone everyone provides leaves me genuinely grateful.

To comment on the question posted a few days back about whether or not liteon is a “POS” or not, I have to say obviously not. Granted I’ve had to “play around” quite a bit to do everything I’ve wanted but the hardware itself is able to do it and the people with the time and dedication worked to get everything out of the hardware offered. I have a plextor dvd writer in another machine basically collecting dust because I know that I’ll get the output that I want with my current setup on the liteon. Without this forum, I’d probably be too frustrated on wasted time and money and dvd writing in general to be happy with either.

Thank you all again.

Can you post the serial number from the PD box? There’s an on-going collection & idenfication of which LiteOn drive appears in the PD box. Thanks.

White Sticker on side of Box reads:

Pacific Digital
DVD 8x8 IDE Dual Retail Kit
P/N: U-30213

4294405******
(torn sticker but the 4294 I think is what ya need im sure the rest is just sequential numbering)

was purchased at a Staples.

also lists U-30213-RV2 on the box sticker at the bottom

Originally posted by KTL
Can you post the serial number from the PD box? There’s an on-going collection & idenfication of which LiteOn drive appears in the PD box. Thanks.

Do you have that list?
I’d like to have it :iagree:

Interesting.

Nec 2500 were found in those 8x + 8x - boxes before. I guess they are now using NEC 2500 and Liteon 812 now.

What color is your 812?

Originally posted by DMagic1
[B]Interesting.

Nec 2500 were found in those 8x + 8x - boxes before. I guess they are now using NEC 2500 and Liteon 812 now.

What color is your 812? [/B]

Pacific Digital has been using NEC and LiteOn drives for while now, hence the need for a detailed list on the box the drive came in to see what you will get.

Originally posted by Ssseth
Pacific Digital has been using NEC and LiteOn drives for while now, hence the need for a detailed list on the box the drive came in to see what you will get.

I meant in the boxes labeled “8x+ 8x-”.
I know they had LiteOns and others in the boxes label “8x DVD Burner”.

Here is the visual…

Originally posted by Ssseth
Do you have that list?
I’d like to have it :iagree:

I checked this thread, as it seems to float all over other forums.

Here’s a summary of all the PD drives, model U-30201.
811 beige: 4794, 4784, 4823, 4284
811 black: 4303
851 beige: 4793
851 black: 4813
451 beige: 4293

I saw a 4234 tonight, but didn’t buy it, since it only said “8X” along the side, so I’m guessing it’s probably a 851S. From the thread above, I noted that when I went to a local WalMart, they had the LiteOn packaged black 812S drives starting with 4784 and 4304. The best way to know if a 812S is in there is to look for the “8X8” imprint.