Thank You ripIt, Problem seem solved, and an Explanation

vbimport

Thanks again for ALL your help and the help just prior from others…

You were right but here’s something I learned/read that helped me understand more, So below IS how I corrected My problem,along with how IT can happen…

if the DVDburner/hard drive reads a bad disk or has trouble, I Automaticly Switches over to PIO mode in the box you were telling me it was most likely, in mine it was the slave setting, there is NO other way to correct this other then uninstalling that drive and rebooting it and letting windows fix/Reset that drive back to DMA…

We Did this, my brother inlaw and I that is, You WERE 100% correct in your post about my problem, I just needed to find the way to do it and luckily I stumbled onto a site that HAD my problem in a thread, Jeez others were worse off then me…

I run windows 200, So i right clicked on my computer, clicked properties. then device manager, then clicked hardware,then chose the IDE ATA / ATAPI controllers that brought up the Primary IDE channel and then the the IDE secondary channel, where PIO was in the box, I then Double clicked on IDE secondary, that brought up a few choices but I only needed Advanced settings, I clicked it, then I chose the uninstall option where I was directed to, I uninstalled it, rebooted, got back on a Boom, the PIO box, Was/Is Now reading DMA setting,in the box that was earlier a PIO setting…

I stuck a movie of mine in,he encoding went right back to 45 minutes tops<not the hour 20minutes> and although I have’nt watched the movie I burned all the way thru, Iit looked and played fine for what I was watching…

So thanks again for your Great Help!!! The way I corrected this did’nt seem as HARD as i thought and if it IS corrected as it seems to and I pray it is :slight_smile: I know how to correct it if I should have this problem…

Matt PS Like I stated above, a BAD reading original disk WILL make the computer go to the PIO mode, and the only way I could fix it was to go thru the staps,uninstall that drive, reboot, let windows fix and reset and place it back and Boom I was done. I have a 3 1/2 year old compaq Presario 3SS00NX
windows 200 home edition

again I’m no Techie so it suits me fine with the cable HSC…

thanks again