Thank You - members of CDfReaks.Com - for your input in helping me solve my DVD Dual Layer burning problem. For a few years I have been converting AVI’s to DVD’s with little technical problems. Recently - burning converted HD MKV files to DVD +R DL was turning my BoX into an expensive Frisbee manufacturing machine.
I searched and read multiple posts here at CDfReaks.Com and was able to rectify my decreasing inventory of Dual Layer DVD’s. For those of you converting HD MKV files to Dual Layer DVD’s - listed below is my solution.
- Install the latest version of K-Lite’s mega codec pack. Don’t forget to un-install older versions.
- Install VSO’s ConvertXtoDvD (versions 3.009 and up) to convert your .MKV HD File to a DVD-9.
- I took the advice of a CDfReaks.Com member and purchased a LG DVD writer. I was using a Samsung SH-S203N Firmware SB02 with intermittent problems on burn errors ( Code 03 0C 00 [Write error] - Info 0 - CSI 0 ). There were no internal drives available so I purchased an External LG super multi model GSA - E60L and it is working flawlessly.
- The most important step of this whole process. VERBATIM DVD +R DL! There are no questions or debate on this step. Forget the sales on DVD +R DL Crap like Memorex or Sony. Please - take mine and all the other members advice - purchase the Verbatim Dual Layer Disc.
- Sony 1080p up-scale DVD player - $79.00 at Bestbuy.
Thanks again CDfReaks.Com Members - I’m in HD Heaven without the Bluray.