Thank You Members! HD DVD +R DL Burning

vbimport

Thank You - members of CDfReaks.Com - for your input in helping me solve my DVD Dual Layer burning problem. For a few years I have been converting AVI’s to DVD’s with little technical problems. Recently - burning converted HD MKV files to DVD +R DL was turning my BoX into an expensive Frisbee manufacturing machine.
I searched and read multiple posts here at CDfReaks.Com and was able to rectify my decreasing inventory of Dual Layer DVD’s. For those of you converting HD MKV files to Dual Layer DVD’s - listed below is my solution.

1. Install the latest version of K-Lite’s mega codec pack. Don’t forget to un-install older versions.
  2. Install VSO’s ConvertXtoDvD (versions 3.009 and up) to convert your .MKV HD File to a DVD-9.
  3. I took the advice of a CDfReaks.Com member and purchased a LG DVD writer. I was using a Samsung SH-S203N Firmware SB02 with intermittent problems on burn errors ( Code 03 0C 00 [Write error] - Info 0 - CSI 0 ). There were no internal drives available so I purchased an External LG super multi model GSA - E60L and it is working flawlessly.
  4. The most important step of this whole process. VERBATIM DVD +R DL! There are no questions or debate on this step. Forget the sales on DVD +R DL Crap like Memorex or Sony. Please - take mine and all the other members advice - purchase the Verbatim Dual Layer Disc.
  5. Sony 1080p up-scale DVD player - $79.00 at Bestbuy.

Thanks again CDfReaks.Com Members - I’m in HD Heaven without the Bluray.

[QUOTE=bullethead69;2086946]Thank You - members of CDfReaks.Com - for your input in helping me solve my DVD Dual Layer burning problem. For a few years I have been converting AVI’s to DVD’s with little technical problems. Recently - burning converted HD MKV files to DVD +R DL was turning my BoX into an expensive Frisbee manufacturing machine.
I searched and read multiple posts here at CDfReaks.Com and was able to rectify my decreasing inventory of Dual Layer DVD’s. For those of you converting HD MKV files to Dual Layer DVD’s - listed below is my solution.

1. Install the latest version of K-Lite’s mega codec pack. Don’t forget to un-install older versions.
  2. Install VSO’s ConvertXtoDvD (versions 3.009 and up) to convert [B]your .MKV[/B] HD File to a DVD-9.
  3. I took the advice of a CDfReaks.Com member and purchased a LG DVD writer. I was using a Samsung SH-S203N Firmware SB02 with intermittent problems on burn errors ( Code 03 0C 00 [Write error] - Info 0 - CSI 0 ). There were no internal drives available so I purchased an External LG super multi model GSA - E60L and it is working flawlessly.
  4. The most important step of this whole process. VERBATIM DVD +R DL! There are no questions or debate on this step. Forget the sales on DVD +R DL Crap like Memorex or Sony. Please - take mine and all the other members advice - purchase the Verbatim Dual Layer Disc.
  5. Sony 1080p up-scale DVD player - $79.00 at Bestbuy.

Thanks again CDfReaks.Com Members - I’m in HD Heaven without the Bluray.[/QUOTE]

I think there is something you also should read: the forum rules.
Because you convert avi to dvd since “a few years” this should be necessary, even more nowadays with MKV which doesnt come from legal sources.

chef - you are so quick to judge the source of my AV media. How do you know that I didn’t capture the media from a source that I purchased, encoded, and encapsulated into an mkv file in order to maintain quality and save on HD space.
My issue was transferring a legally acquired HD AV file to a DL disc and I searched the forums here at CDfReaks for my answers. I wanted to share my success with other readers in burning my LEGAL media onto a dual layer disc. All-in-all, it came down to finding a quality DVD writer and DL media.

Judge not lest thou be judged.

CDfreaks incorporates whole sections in the forums that are far more ambiguous and equivocal to legality issues such as {[U]Copy Protection [/U]and [U]Copy Movie[/U]} than an mkv file.

[QUOTE=bullethead69;2089312]chef - you are so quick to judge the source of my AV media. How do you know [B]that I didn’t capture the media from a source that I purchased, encoded, and encapsulated into an mkv file[/B] in order to maintain quality and save on HD space.
My issue was transferring a legally acquired HD AV file to a DL disc and I searched the forums here at CDfReaks for my answers. I wanted to share my success with other readers in burning my LEGAL media onto a dual layer disc. All-in-all, it came down to finding a quality DVD writer and DL media.

Judge not lest thou be judged.

CDfreaks incorporates whole sections in the forums that are far more ambiguous and equivocal to legality issues such as {[U]Copy Protection [/U]and [U]Copy Movie[/U]} than an mkv file.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, that is just ridiculous.
[B]I [/B]still have my doubts about the sources.

Hi [B]bullethead69[/B] . I have a problem that you may have the answer to. I shoot video in 1080i and after exporting the video from avid I get a .m2t video file that looks great when I burn it to bluray but clients want HD footage on DVD. I need to convert to something that will burn to DVD without much quality lost. Can you tell me how to convert the .m2t file to .mkv file? Will VSO’s ConvertXtoDvD convert a[B] .m2t[/B] HD File to a DVD-9? Any insite would be much appreciated.

Thanks

You’re asking for help on a two year old thread. Here are a couple of freeware options that will do what you want. BD Rebuilder, http://www.videohelp.com/tools/BD_Rebuilder or MultiAVCHD, http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/. If you need a good burning program Imgburn, http://www.imgburn.com/.

Thanks Whappo. I’m almost there with multiavhd + imgburn