Thank you, Abit!

vbimport

:bigsmile: Ok, that’s what I was looking for. The fan on my Northbridge chipset on my Abit AI7 uGuru Motherboard has been acting up for the last few weeks now so I decided to look at Abit’s website and see about contacting their support to see about ordering a new fan for it. Even though it should be in warranty and I could probably RMA the motherboard and get a brand new motherboard I don’t see the point in going through all that waiting for a $10 part.

Low and behold they have the Abit parts store with various things on it and I noticed the Fans section. So I click on it and find out they have most of the fans for sale for the Northbridge chips and such that we could ever want. So I for $6 + $5 shipping via UPS I just ordered a new fan for it. No more squealy fan once that gets here! It will be so nice to have a quiet computer again. The fan actually stops squealing and starts running right after a bit but I now there is something going bad there and I’d rather not have the fan completely die on it and have the Northbridge chip being uncooled. I’m a happy camper.

Just thought I’d let everyone here know that if they run an Abit motherboard with a failing fan on it to check their parts store to see if that fan is in-stock for it. It looked like they also have BIOS chips although I didn’t explore past the fan section. :slight_smile:

I would have waited with this thread until it arrived, fitted and worked. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :iagree:

That’s really nice of Abit. I had a similar problem with a MSI board; as it was over a year old I could not RMA it and they could not send me a fan. So I got me a Zalman chipset cooler (it’s just a heatsink). Pasted it on and works like a charm, even when running overclocked. And, of course, it’s dead silent.

I just love parts stores :slight_smile:

hehe, good point, Namoh! I guess I got a bit excited when I found out I could actually get it so I figured I’d share. I’ve always liked Abit motherboards. I’ll have to remember this thread when I actually get the fan to let everyone know how it worked out. :slight_smile:

I’m waiting anxiently. :wink:

Fan got here and put it in with no problems. Works great. My computer is a happy camper again. Fan got here at the beginning of this week but only got a chance to put it in yesterday. Just figured I’d report back. :slight_smile: