Texas

vbimport

When they have a problem in Texas they do not wait for the Federal Government to solve the problem, they take care of it themselves. As many know, we here in Texas have a border problem. Lake Falcon is a lake that borders Texas and Mexico. Last year several boaters were killed by drug cartel folks from the other side. We are now aware that the automatic weapons used in the killings were probably from “Fast and Furious”.

When Texas joined the Union as a sovereign nation in 1836, we retained the right to have a Navy to ward off the Mexicans, since the United States refused to protect us. This is our first Naval vessel of this century, small but potent. It will soon be safe to fish and boat on Lake Falcon this summer.
Just about every Texan is prepared to be in a gun fight, and you can’t have enough guns.
The TEXAS DPS - New 36 ft. Patrol/Gunboat (pictured at the Homer Garrison Law Enforcement Academy in Austin). Designed and built to patrol Falcon Lake . . . The armaments onboard Include 5 - static mounted [2 dual & 1 single] FN M240B 7.62Ã-51 mm NATO Light machine guns, 2 - Barrett .50 BMG Sniper Rifles, and other assorted 5.56 rifles, 9mm sub machine guns, and grenade launchers.
MEXICAN PIRATES ? . . . . . . . . . . … .“Bring 'em on!”
Description: Description:

Well you can’t believe every thing on the net ,first off I was sent this in a email and now I’m told the is wrong and the story isn’t true. wellhere’ another site state the real story I hope http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2012/apr/04/chain-email/chain-email-says-texas-reserved-right-its-own-navy/

Everything is big in Texas even the bullshit. Sorry just had to say that.

[QUOTE=samlar;2705954]Everything is big in Texas even the bullshit. Sorry just had to say that.[/QUOTE]

Not only the bullshit!!!:disagree:
I drive a Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie,imported from Texas,…It still has the original Texan Tollways sticker on the windshield,and it’s the biggest car in our (belgian) smalltown…:bigsmile::bigsmile:

I moved to this God-forsaken place (Cheyenne, Wyoming) from Austin, Texas. I grew up in Texas and spent most of my life there.

Speaking of border patrol and fighting illegal Mexican criminals, does anyone remember that guy that set up an internet deer hunting webcam-gun? Yes, for a modest fee, anyone could have access to a real, working webcam / gun combination that they could click-to-shoot real deer.

Well, that didn’t go over too well, but more and more each decade, sad to say, it’s looking like something like that needs to be set up along our border, but for criminals, not deer. That might sound harsh, but it would work in a heartbeat; make it known and make it shown: problem solved.

:wink:

[QUOTE=Gaarry;2706113]I moved to this God-forsaken place (Cheyenne, Wyoming) from Austin, Texas. I grew up in Texas and spent most of my life there.[/QUOTE]

That must be the place that appeared frequently in this novel though I haven’t watched the miniseries based on.

[QUOTE=Gaarry;2706113]I moved to this God-forsaken place (Cheyenne, Wyoming) from Austin, Texas. I grew up in Texas and spent most of my life there.

Speaking of border patrol and fighting illegal Mexican criminals, does anyone remember that guy that set up an internet deer hunting webcam-gun? Yes, for a modest fee, anyone could have access to a real, working webcam / gun combination that they could click-to-shoot real deer.

Well, that didn’t go over too well, but more and more each decade, sad to say, it’s looking like something like that needs to be set up along our border, but for criminals, not deer. That might sound harsh, but it would work in a heartbeat; make it known and make it shown: problem solved.

;)[/QUOTE] I was born on the Reservation in Cheyenne Wyoming during the 2d world war. The US govt took over part of the Cheyenne Reservation to build Fort Laramie in 1942. Now I believe FT Laramie has been dismantled and FT Laramie is no more. But my parents always told me of the beauty of Wyoming.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2706153]I was born on the Reservation in Cheyenne Wyoming during the 2d world war. The US govt took over part of the Cheyenne Reservation to build Fort Laramie in 1942. Now I believe FT Laramie has been dismantled and FT Laramie is no more. But my parents always told me of the beauty of Wyoming.;)[/QUOTE]

I can vaguely recall. The novel starts with dinosaurs and ends with trains. I liked both.

Hey guys,shouldn’t this thread be renamed to “Wyoming” instead of “TEXAS”??..:bigsmile::bigsmile::wink:

As a Texan I can say this is a good state to live in .
I’m a bit prejudice . Full second generation since both my parents were born in the Texas panhandle. One grandmother also born in Texas.
Now that wouldn’t be much for some of the Mexican population with 3 generations before the grandmother hit 35 . My family wasn’t that prolific.

Wyoming isn’t God forsaken it’s just sparsely populated . I think I would like that .
What I wouldn’t like is the winter there.

Centennial was a town in Colorado . I don’t remember if the story eventually went to Wyoming . I think the one that went to Wyoming was Lonesome Dove.

On the “battle boat” probably true. Texas has to have something to battle the drug cartells. Since I think they ended up with the weapons Obama had sent to Mexico .

[QUOTE=cholla;2706183] Now that wouldn’t be much for some of the Mexican population with 3 generations before the grandmother hit 35 . [/QUOTE]The same thing could be said for any nationality, so it’s pretty unfair to single out just one.

[QUOTE=Dee;2706208]The same thing could be said for any nationality, so it’s pretty unfair to single out just one.[/QUOTE]

That may be .
I just happen to live around more of the Mexican nationality here in Texas. Both legal & illegal . I would prefer to call most of the one’s born in Texas: Texans . That however is not usually their preferrence as most still identify themselves as Mexican even when they are actually Americans.
Most don’t like it when told you have to be born in Mexico to be a Mexican.
BTW the way my neighbors in the homes on both side of me are Americans of Mexican descent.
I also went to grade,junior & high school with a 40 to 50 % hispanic enrollment.
So I posted that from my personal life experence.

I’ve worked with Mexicans much of my time in Texas. There were times that my boss and myself were the only English speaking people there. I’ve seen times, before they really cracked down on it, when you could empty an entire shop by yelling one word: “Emigras!” (sp?) Ever hear a Mexican refer to another Mexican as a “wetback”? Some did. They would work for 9 months, send every cent to Mexico (20 living in one house; only 1 car; etc.), then intentionally get themselves deported and be gone for 3 months, only to show up again and go right back to work.

We had a lot of good times together actually. One of my best personal employees was Mexican. They always made the best tacos and other food. One day they thought it would be funny to give 'ol Gringo here some bright orange sauce in a squeeze bottle with Chinese writing on it for to put on my taco. I put a very modest line on my taco, which caused a few to kind of go “woah”, but when I said “What, what?”, they said “nothing” and brushed it off. Well, I should have been more suspicious. I don’t know what it was, but I think it was “Ghost Chili Sauce” (!!!). They must have had quite a laugh as I was in the bathroom with my head in the sink. I later noticed that they would only use about three drops on their tacos. I could feel the dead taste buds the next day.

Sounds like habenero sauce . I’m not a fan of it all heat & no flavor .
If you want the right amount of hot stick with Tabasco.

Emigras is one of those Mexican slang words but it’s been used long enough it is a real word in Mexican. If you were in Spain I doubt they would recognize it.

I’m not any Mexican or any other form of hispanic. That being said I’ve sat at more than one Mexican families table & had diner with them. I’ve had some Mexican friends over the years & some enemies as well.

I’ve heard “wetback” & worse used to each other .
Like black people use the “N” word .
It might get me killed but IMO if they use it that gives me the right to use it as well.
There use of it says it is not a “bad” word & OK to use.
When I start seeing them knock the crap out of one of their own for using those words I will change any of my use as well.
@ Gaarry , Gringo is derogatory . Don’t let them tell you it isn’t .
It has just become common & a lot of the younger Mexicans don’t know.
It’s not real bad though. It basically means “You are stupid because your language is hard for me to understand & you don’t speak my language or at least not correctly”.
The taste buds are just numbed by the capsacin in the hot pepper. They will return.

The farther the south, the more irresponsible it gets? Good to know that Texas is slightly north of Mexico.
I do however personally find it unfair, to be south of Sweden.

[QUOTE=BeeR_DoG;2706360]Good to know that Texas is slightly north of Mexico. [/QUOTE]
Not exactly .
The Southern tip of Texas is approximately 450 miles South of the Northern most part of Mexico .
I live about 300 miles North of Mexico ( maybe a little less) if you measured from a strait line to the Northern most part of Mexico. Which is right below California.
However if I was going to drive to the closest part of Mexico to me it would be about 375 miles Southwest .
So it depends where you are in Texas & where you measure from if you are South or North of Mexico.

[QUOTE=cholla;2706390]Not exactly .
The Southern tip of Texas is approximately 450 miles South of the Northern most part of Mexico .
I live about 300 miles North of Mexico ( maybe a little less) if you measured from a strait line to the Northern most part of Mexico. Which is right below California.
However if I was going to drive to the closest part of Mexico to me it would be about 375 miles Southwest .
So it depends where you are in Texas & where you measure from if you are South or North of Mexico.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected, a real man of the world :o

@ BeeR_DoG , You probably just didn’t realize how big Texas is .
With a lot of Mexico; Texas side by side instead of thinking of it as North or South.
That’s one reason Texas has a big problem with illegal immigrants.
I’ve only been across the border into Mexico 3 times & all of that was during one vacation. What gets me is why Mexican citizens need to cross the Rio Grande river to get to Texas. Hence the name “wetback” . I stayed at a motel close to the border & just walked across the bridge . I think there was a 2cent fee for this.
By the third trip I took a Juarez/El Paso city bus back from Mexico . This cost 10 cents . The bus was full of Mexicans & there was no passport , visa , or any other check by customs. That was in 1976 so maybe different now.

Texas Area

• Total 268,581[2] sq mi (696,241 km2)
  • Width 773[3] miles (1,244 km)
  • Length 790 miles (1,270 km)

[QUOTE=BeeR_DoG;2706360]The farther the south, the more irresponsible it gets? Good to know that Texas is slightly north of Mexico.
I do however personally find it unfair, to be south of Sweden.[/QUOTE]

Siberia is more responsible than Manchuria and Manchuria is more responsible than Korea?

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2706549]Siberia is more responsible than Manchuria and Manchuria is more responsible than Korea?
[/QUOTE]

Kenshin, I actually (kinda) asked the same question, don’t you think? But to be entirely honest – I did have a hidden agenda. Unfortunately my guns misfired, due to my lack of geographical knowledge.

I consider you to be a very specific person and I respect you for being that. I’m not always like that.

[QUOTE=BeeR_DoG;2706618]Kenshin, I actually (kinda) asked the same question, don’t you think? But to be entirely honest – I did have a hidden agenda. Unfortunately my guns misfired, due to my lack of geographical knowledge.

I consider you to be a very specific person and I respect you for being that. I’m not always like that.[/QUOTE]

I posted the two maps while thinking of migrations of people that happened during the recent thousands of years, maybe millions, and the flow of civilizational advances, not really interested in who is more responsible.