Tests: DVD+R Esperanza MBIPG101 R05 & Titanum MCC004 - good or bad?

Hello.

I ordered 1x10cakes to try it.
Both burned x16 with lg gh22lp20 1.03.
Esperanza - made in India. (is that ritek or who did it, or faked)
Titanum - made in China. (for sure faked mcc, but surprise - very good)

If I’m not wrong Titanum is a brand of Esperanza, which is better than Esperanza! Funny… also titanum is a lil bit cheaper than esperanza…

Lets see:

(i always perform tests x16, but unfortunately since few days my liteon cant do properly spin-up drive with x16, (freezing after 2-3 lines of test) its x12. Maybe somebody knew why it fails with spin-up? It only happens with tests, reading and writing x16 is ok, earlier worked at tests x16 properly, dont know what happened)

Esperanza (stamper codes: NO186T DVDPLUSR 16X B ; 9055 532 +R E C 04728)

Titanum (stamper codes: DPR H28 I3706M104 15 ; 14 H+161 1 1 0711220431-61)

and titanum can be burned x22, with also good quality!

x22

and if u saw my post with tests of videoleader ( http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/videoleader-dvd-r-mcc004-fake-278324/ ) now u will know that, videoleader and titanum have the same stamper codes - dpr h28…
I`m really curious where is it made, titanum says china, so videoleader probably too.

One more scan of videoleader burned x22 (very good too, i did some tests after month since burn and there is no more errors than before, so i think i can trust that media (videoleader/titanum) (?).

What do you think?

Hi,QUOTE=pcus3r;2307299 so i think i can trust that media (videoleader/titanum)(…)
What do you think?[/QUOTE]You can’t trust any fake media. Period. Maybe good enough for unimportant stuff or for giving these to people who you don’t like anyway.

Michael

Can you explain why, if its as good as you can see?

[QUOTE=pcus3r;2307299]
Esperanza - made in India. (is that ritek or who did it, or faked)
[/QUOTE]
This medium is legit (although obviously b-grade) MBIL made DVD.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2307348]Hi,You can’t trust any fake media. Period. Maybe good enough for unimportant stuff or for giving these to people who you don’t like anyway.

Michael[/QUOTE]

:iagree:
I hope you are not burning anything important on them. Do yourself a favour and get some better media.

I hope you are not burning anything important on them. Do yourself a favour and get some better media.

I do. Thats why I`m asking. I dont see any reason if they are good and cheap imho fakes, if they burn good and there is no data loss / more errors after time. We’ll see for a few years, but anyway, i had much worse media, and they have 10+ yrs and still readable…

[QUOTE=pcus3r;2307351]Can you explain why, if its as good as you can see?[/QUOTE]

The initial scans of Ritek G04/G05 media looked good too.
The rest is a history…

I told you that i did some tests after time and there is no more errors than after burn…
Its much better than any original CMC crap.
I had lately 200 maxell’s cmc 01. 200-700 pie’s is usual with em…
Tested every one after burn, 50 of it went into garbage.
I’m using videoleader’s since month or two, already burned about thousand of 'em.
No one failed, every scan look good or acceptable, cause of packaging issues (defects sometimes) but it doesnt matter…

Keep checking and fuly reading/testing the fake MCC media. People did get burned on RITEK G05 not only by initial playback and scans, but also on playback and scans that were just as good for a few months to come. After some time, though, these previously good burns went downhill quickly & people were caught scrambling to recover and re-burn the data.

If you have any kind of back-up routine that must include the fake discs, I personally strongly suggest that you have a second set of your data on a disc model known to be much more reliable. These [I]could[/I] be OK as the “everyday recovery” discs you try to use first. The second set could be used as masters to re-create the “everyday use” set if/when issues strike your everyday set.

Yea, but then it doesnt make sense, cause its not cheap option.
I use them cause they are cheap and good.
I remember ritek g05 and 04 case, as we see this can happen even to original and good producents / mid’s.
Going by this way, you’re right - everything should be burned twice, on different media, but i dont care so much, i burn just movies, movies can be downloaded again if so, or bought too. To archive important data i would rather use some verbatim or other scratch proof/archive high quality & expensive media.
Just wanna make sure that its ok to use it, i will check them for some time, anyway, i heard there is no more of them, and places where i used to buy them dont know does the producer will make more, next time, i will try something else, now got a lot of these :slight_smile: