Tests: DL +R x8: Omega Freestyle RICOHJPN D01 & Extreme CMC MAG D02

Hello again :stuck_out_tongue:

Some tests of DL, also ordered 2x10cakes of it. Burned x8.

Omega Freestyle RICOHJPN D01 (faked or real?) (made in china)
L0 902-R , second code invisible from front side, cause disk is covered there too, off the write side i will need to use mirror to read it if so lol, but if its from china, i can be sure its fake, cause ricoh is Japan, right?)

Well, its not perfect, but its ok, as for DL media. Is it ok to use it for HD-movies, and are they will be still readable after years, or its better to split for 2 dvd+r’s.

Another one: Extreme CMC MAG D02 (made in Taiwan, i dont care is it fake or real cause cmc is shit anyway, but lets see) (when I was looking for info before order, i found that its from MCC, now again crap media corp., i’m curious what i will see…)

CPDR85F-CAEWZPFOP-020 3415 (behind this is other number, but cant read it)
DPAH659MD04001168 6

LOL - LITEON DOESNT RECOGNIZE IT, and lg where it was burned also - blank media, again crap media corp.

next burned with liteon - the same - liteon dont recognize it, lg too.
CRAP.

[QUOTE=pcus3r;2307324]
Omega Freestyle RICOHJPN D01 (faked or real?) (made in china)
L0 902-R , second code invisible from front side, cause disk is covered there too, off the write side i will need to use mirror to read it if so lol, but if its from china, i can be sure its fake, cause ricoh is Japan, right?)
[/QUOTE]

Definitely fake, most likely made by Umedisc.
Ricoh directly does not make any media - they are supplying the dye, stampers and process know-how to their OEM partners (Ritek, MBIL, JVC, FTI) which are responsible for the actual manufacturing of media with Ricoh MID code.
However, there is a lot of (mostly smaller) manufacturers in the China and Hong Kong which are faking the Ricoh’s MID code and the quality of such media is usually very poor.