Testing a DVD-RW prepurchase advice

vbimport

I am looking at a Nec2500 DVD-RW, what soft could I use to test it, it is SH and I do not want to get scammed
TIA

Yo-

Probably do OK with Nero 6-

Happy Burnin’ & Welcome

Mike

Thank you,

I would like to know if a DVD-RW can be used to store files of any type, just like a CD-RW substitute. I heard there are various proections. I don’t need it for movies, but mainly to backup my data. Also, is it reliable, I heard DVD is a more sensitive media type.

I am (was) a happy burner, I have a CD-RW, but I am tired of using so many discs. I’d like to have larger capacity ones if they do the job.

Thanks again

dvd is more sensitive but you can put a lot more on it.
any data
what protection?

dvd-rw or dvd+rw can be used exactly how you have been using your cd-rw CDs for data storage.

Re-writable blank DVD disc formats DVD-Ram, DVD-RW and DVD+RW have now been added to the DVD media family allowing you to copy and copy again your dvd rw using a PC based copier or home dvd video recorder player and DVD RW discs. The DVD family would be incomplete without these rewritable versions. Rewritable DVD discs are relatively new technology. The first version - DVD recordable also known as DVDR or DVD R is an official format of the DVD forum and the forerunner of DVD+RW technology. We wholesale supply discs from Pioneer, Philips, Panasonic, Verbatim, Princo, TDK, Ritek, Sony, Memorex, Vivastar, Mitsui and other top manufacturers for use with your dvd burner. DVD-and-Media.com also supply DVD-R media, DVD Printers, DVD copiers and DVD cases for you to buy online. If the DVD-RW you are looking for isn’t shown please call us. We will shortly be bringing you Sony, Pioneer and Philips dvd rw media products. http://www.dvd-and-media.com/