++**test of**++ LTC 48161H against SD titles

well i have purchased the LTC-48161H combo drive as i saw the review OC-Freak had made…however, with long testing of SD titles i have came up with my own review…shocking to me and maybe to others…

versions tested…SD 2.51.021,2.80.010,2.90.040,3.10.20

buring program i used is bW4,bW5

drives that will be used in testing are:

1—LiteOn LTC-48161H fw KH0N–udma 2
2–Plextor Premium fw 1.04–udma 2
3–Samsung 52x cdrom–PIO 4
4–HiVal 2x2x24–Multi-Word 1
5–Plextor 8x4x32–Multi-Word 2

in each buring program i used the Plextor Premium as the reader/image creator and the LiteOn for writing

bW4 configuration: options all unchecked,alternative and subchannel reading off,nibble,adapt speed,1-16x,DAO PW 24x autoplay and weaksectors are not used

BACKUP CREATED:
—LiteOn runs all SD versions hide atip in use
–Plextor P runs all SD versions hide atip in use
–Samsung fails on SD2.9 and SD3.1
–HiVal fails on SD2.9 and SD3.1
–Plextor 8x runs all SD versions hide atip in use

bW5 configuration: tweaker in use: autoplay is OFF,read speed is 16x,write speed 24x,READ ERROR is automatic,subchannel data and audio always extract,topology do not extract/do not write,advanced settings’ options are blank autoplay and weaksectors are not used

BACKUP CREATED: is same as bW4

test shows that LiteOn Combo drive does not make a 100% compatible backups with later SD versions…but if someone is content with 85% then the drive is for U!!! enjoy!!!

I’d be interested to see if you would test Discjuggler w/ the same drives.(i know this is the wrong forum for this…but i don’t care) I have had excellent results w/ Discjuggler compared to Blindwrite 5. My copies made w/ Discjugggler(safedisc 2.9 & 3.1, Liteon 52327s as the reader/writer) have worked in all my drives, whereas the ones made w/ Blindwrite 5 do not. If you feel like wasting some more cdr’s and you’ll test a Discjuggler backup on your drives for me, you can follow Futerproof’s tutorial for setting up discjuggler(there really isn’t that much to set up, but my results have been very good w/ Futerproof’s settings)
here’s a link to it: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78690

Originally posted by Tezmar
I’d be interested to see if you would test Discjuggler w/ the same drives.
I’ll do this and post in that guide thread

Thanks.