I would like to buy TY DVD+R media for the first time and whole terminology is confusing me at supermediastore.com
They have following variants-
- While Inkjet Hub Printable 16X
- Silver Thermal Lacquer, Valueline
- Premium Silver Thermal Lacquer
- White Thermal Hub printable, Everest Certified
- Water Shield White Inkjet hub printable.
I am guessing first two as
- Normal white top of the disk where you could print DVD label
- Classy/regular silver top of the DVD
Can anybody please help me out understanding the rest 3.
Any recommendation on which one I should go for is most welcome. All I care is, they burn well with almost no coasters on my Pioneer 115DBK and last for at least 5-6 years.
Thank you in advance.[/QUOTE]
- Fully printable, right to the middle of the disc
- Shiny Silver top sufrace, looks nice but smudges easily with fingerprints
- Same as above but is premium TY, they burn better than Valueline discs
- Never used these ones, but they probably aren’t normal printables
- Water shield is immune to water once you burn it, unlike other printables
Go for whatever is cheapest but not valueline. Valueline are discs rejected by TY quality control and may not burn as well. TY discs should last a fair while, longer than 6 years if stored correctly.