Terminated

vbimport

#1

I lost my (horrible) job a couple days ago, I am no longer a K-Mart bitch, now I seek my fortune elsewhere! I will add to this thread as the search continues, currently I’m looking at Circuit City in Springfield, MA and SAMnet in Wilbraham, MA. Wish me luck!


#2

Good luck, I hope you’re not too sad not being a K-Mart bitch anymore… :wink:


#3

All wounds heal in time. By the way nifty new avatar!


#4

I gave my job 2 weeks notice on Friday…it sucks (the job, that is). For Christ’s sake, McDonalds pays more than that! Plus, school starts soon and I got other job connections that can work out.


#5

Have a job interview August 4, but don’t tell my boss…not yet anyway :wink:


#6

Jobs are hard to come by near me…grown men with college degrees are forced to take cashier jobs at Staples, how are kids supposed to compete with that?


#7

Well

A.) most kids are willing to take the less than great jobs (McDonalds, Burger King)

b.) A lot of employers want some teenagers in their buisness! Mostly because they bring their friends who tend to buy more stuff (or steal, whichever)


#8

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
Jobs are hard to come by near me…grown men with college degrees are forced to take cashier jobs at Staples, how are kids supposed to compete with that?

reminds me of american beauty - when he applies at the fast food place.


#9

Job market is almost nothing here in New York. Lucky I still ahve my job. Most of my friends couldnt find jobs at all. One got a job as a late night janitor. Scrubbing toilets… :Z


#10

If there’s no jobs, why do they stay in NY? :frowning:

I can’t imagine property prices would be exactly cheap there.

And a low wage, coupled with huge living costs couldn’t possibly increase the standard of living :frowning:

I wonder the same here in Sydney, and I’m pretty damn sure that costs of living here are much less than NY.


#11

Just a “taste” of here, 25% unemployed, minimum sallary…39 US dollars (that’s PER MONTH! :rolleyes: ), average sallary is about 100, haven’t got a good job 3 years… anyone in need of a Computer Analyst with an average 92/100 in his tests ? :bigsmile:


#12

Originally posted by Bloodstar007
I lost my (horrible) job a couple days ago, I am no longer a K-Mart bitch, now I seek my fortune elsewhere! I will add to this thread as the search continues, currently I’m looking at Circuit City in Springfield, MA and SAMnet in Wilbraham, MA. Wish me luck!

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you get employed soon.


#13

Originally posted by Bloodstar007
b.) A lot of employers want some teenagers in their buisness! Mostly because they bring their friends who tend to buy more stuff (or steal, whichever)

That may be true, the the general feelings of employers are that adults have bills to pay and a a family to support.

Good luck. No more blue light specials for you.:bigsmile:


#14

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
Have a job interview August 4, but don’t tell my boss…not yet anyway :wink:

the ship with gold is coming to harbor?:wink:


#15

Originally posted by burnerchief
[B]

the ship with gold is coming to harbor?:wink: [/B]

Nah, not gold…silver for now…

But one tip for you all, when you go out and apply for a new job when you are still in one…don’t tell anyone about it…it can cause big problems…as I have just found out.


#16

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
But one tip for you all, when you go out and apply for a new job when you are still in one…don’t tell anyone about it…it can cause big problems…as I have just found out.

Ain’t that nice when you can trust your colleagues to keep things a secret…


#17

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
[B]
Nah, not gold…silver for now…

But one tip for you all, when you go out and apply for a new job when you are still in one…don’t tell anyone about it…it can cause big problems…as I have just found out. [/B]

feel sorry for ya and good luck for the future