Temp inside computer !¬)

vbimport

ok, weird prob here. I have a server sitting in the corner that I put in last december, dual p3 866’s rioworks SDVIA motherboard, AMI IDE raid card (mirrored), 2x 40GB IBM hard drives.

it’s not in an area of the room that benefits from air con and the server has locked up 4 times within the last month - but ONLY WHEN IT’S HOT… i’ve not upgraded any service packs or added any programs.

I’m running MS SBS4.5 with bog standard service pack

any ideas???

confused of england… heheh

I would suggest install extra coolers…
You say yourself that it only locks up when it gets hot there…you defined your problem and the solution only sounds logical…

There are several coolers you can buy…all have their pros and cons, but whatever you do, make sure there is a good airflow (worst case…put your server case in the refrigerator :wink: )

Although we’ve defined the problem with it - we’re not really any closer and we are at worst case already - ie case off, thermaltake chrome orbs on both chips, 3 extra chassis fans 2 x room fans - and it’s still nooched. I am thinking that putting it in a fridge might be a good idea… !¬)

haha.

yeah I know.

chance would be a fine thing…

There are liquid cooling systems that would more than likely keep that thing cool regardless of the climate in the room. I’ve been told that they work very well, and often times don’t cost too much. Aside from that, maybe you could throw it in a cooler full of liquid co2?

Originally posted by mr_claypole
[B]Although we’ve defined the problem with it - we’re not really any closer and we are at worst case already - ie case off, thermaltake chrome orbs on both chips, 3 extra chassis fans 2 x room fans - and it’s still nooched. I am thinking that putting it in a fridge might be a good idea… !¬)

[/B]

Case off !!! there is no point in using all those expensive fans if you running with the case off. Put the case cover back and try it then.

Try cutting a hole in the top of your case and using a case fan (8cm) as an extractor fan might help, it does for me. You can really feel all the hot air from inside your case being extracted.

Btw i also have a 8cm case fan at PCI card level sucking cool air in.

sorry - I should have said that we had the front of the case off to allow more airflow - not the sides !¬)

cheers anyway

seems to be better now anyway since it has been a bit cooler… only one crash this week.