Telenet and multiple pc's

vbimport

The question is specificly to telenet or cable modem users: I have 2 pc’s running in a network (network card in each machine, connected to a hub) using Netbeui as LAN protocol. TCP/IP is installed on both machines too. On 1 of these 2 pc’s they’re going to install the Telenet link, so there will be 1 pc with 2 network cards in it.
My questions:

1. Isn’t it possible to connect the telenet modem output directly to the hub instead of a 2nd network card ?
  2. How can I share the connection on my 2 pc’s (both running Win 98 SE)? I thought the internet connection sharing from microsoft only works when the host pc does dialup.
  3. Any special settings / tips ?
  4. Anyone knows a link to a “how to…?” page for this?
    Thanks a lot!

to your questions !!
1.NO, because a HUB will send info back to your Cablemodem, and this will be detected by TELENET. So you can’t do this. :frowning: , because it’s not allowed

1. You can use share an internetconnection,standaard in Win98SE or a program Like Ishare 3.0

2. // no info no this one

4.// Sorry My info comes fron “INTERLECTRA” directly of from TELENET dealers

to your questions !!
1.NO, because a HUB will send info back to your Cablemodem, and this will be detected by TELENET. So you can’t do this. :frowning: , because it’s not allowed

1. You can use share an internetconnection,standaard in Win98SE or a program Like Ishare 3.0

2. // no info no this one

4.// Sorry My info comes fron “INTERLECTRA” directly of from TELENET dealers

Robbie…Armageddon
http://beam.to/Armageddon
For all your questions and info

verry simpel so the thel my,first putt two networkcards in the main pc the first connect to the cable the other to a hub,en then from that hub to the others pc network card.also you need a file because cable reconized your pc , you can find it ath www.sybergen.com
let my know of it works.
greetz