Telecoms form anti-Apple app offensive

vbimport

Telecoms form anti-Apple app offensive.

[newsimage]http://static.myce.com/images_posts/2010/02/0fBt6.jpg[/newsimage]Fed up with Apple's dominance of the mobile application market, more than two dozen wireless companies and a few phone manufacturers are joining forces.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/telecoms-form-anti-apple-app-offensive-26028/](http://www.myce.com/news/telecoms-form-anti-apple-app-offensive-26028/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

The real trick is having the apps which pull DATA have the ability to do so from WIFI instead of $ PAID $ data plans including the killer app “FREE VOIP”

The problem is getting the normal end consumer to realize whats going on. Most of them don’t really know any thing about the whole Apple app stupid crap thats going on. Now if these company’s can set there problems aside they can easily change all this. With all those major leading brands they can slide consumers into a new app store or something of that liking.

Really i think the biggest thing is if Android gets big enough to star moving some big app development. In that case people will begin searching for a way to develop 1 app and run it on several OS.

I’ve yet to use that “killer app”, though I’ve got it on my phone.

I’ve got more minutes than I know what to do with, and long distance is just like a local call. Most of my calls are to local cell numbers on my provider which is unlimited.

[QUOTE=glamdring92;2494594]The problem is getting the normal end consumer to realize whats going on. Most of them don’t really know any thing about the whole Apple app stupid crap thats going on. Now if these company’s can set there problems aside they can easily change all this. With all those major leading brands they can slide consumers into a new app store or something of that liking.

Really i think the biggest thing is if Android gets big enough to star moving some big app development. In that case people will begin searching for a way to develop 1 app and run it on several OS.[/QUOTE]

You may think that people care about whatever you’re calling “stupid crap”, but they don’t.

All they care about is availability and price, both of which are there at the app store.

Other solutions (I don’t have an Android and have not seen other vendor’s responses to the app store) have historically been lame at best, with multiple versions of the same app for the same phone/pda from the same vendor, depending on model year - yet alone different versions for different vendors and hardware configurations.

One thing that Apple has done is offered a common platform - and advanced even the original iPhone so it runs the same OS as the latest 3GS - so there’s one marketplace, not a bunch of them. There’s also sufficient competition so that app prices are reasonable - read lots cheaper than my Palm apps were.

Thats what i was saying is the end user doesn’t care about the tricks apple is pulling because they don’t know how its effecting them.

App should be 100% open to public not restricted like it is now. Sure apple can have there own store and reject app but they try to lock the phone to just the apple app store. I bieleve it should be more like the open market which in the end will drive competion lowering price and increasing quality.

Things like google voice shouldn’t be force to try and create ways around Apple. Apple shouldn’t be able to block a Mobil web browser because they want every one to use theirs. It would be like Microsoft blocking all web browsers but internet explore on windows.

Don’t make Apple out to be the good guy when there pulling tricks like this.