Because I am a passionate technology maniac, I have done this:
- Burn music onto a CD-RW. (for curious readers: it was a HS-RW ×10).
- Second pass: Burn different music; using LiteOn eTAU108.
- eTAU108 tray can only manually be opened, because it is a ceiling cover like portable boonboxes and discmen have.
- Opened tray during second pass burn. Burning aborted.
- TOC of second burn now refers to remains from 1st burn (not overwritten).
Result: There is an instant transition between the second and the first music!
- CD players that rely on subcode heavily now directly read track and time and adjust it. The time display jumps.*
DVD players probably count the number of sectors and calculate the playback time by knowing the TOC and current sectie.