Techno novice - Ipod touch - Please help!

vbimport

Good evening all!
Well I’ve finally gone anddone it. I’ve finally bought not only my first computer but also my first Ipod (Ipod Touch). I’ve downloaded the DvDfab software and ‘ripped’ my first movie! Now this might not seem like a big deal to you guys but beleive me it’s a huge acheivement for me!! I now have a couple of questions that I wonder if anyone could answer please?

1. How the heck do I put the film on my ipod? It’s currently on my computers memory and I haven’t got a clue what to do next! Any one have any ideas please?

2. It took about 1.5 hours to move from the dvd player to my computers memory. I thought it was meant to take 10-20 minutes. I may have got my facts wrong but is this normal too?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.imtoo.com/ipod-movie-converter.html
There is a link to a converter (its a trial, PM for info if you want the premium one). You can convert movies to iPod format.

I believe you can transfer them to iPod via iTunes, but I don’t know for sure, because I don’t have one.

Which version of DVD Fab as Platinum will encode the file for you and then all you have to do is copy it to your iPod?

As mentioned above, if you converted from dvdfab platinum, it will put it into MPEG 4 format for your ipod. Otherwise you would have to use another program to convert it to a MPEG 4. After you have it in MPEG4 format, open your itunes movie section, go to file and click on add file to library. A box will come up for you to find the folder where the movie is saved, select and open that and it will add it to your itunes library. Then when you plug in your ipod and sync it, you can add it onto your ipod. Hope that helps!

[QUOTE=krispiek16;2013952]As mentioned above, if you converted from dvdfab platinum, it will put it into MPEG 4 format for your ipod. Otherwise you would have to use another program to convert it to a MPEG 4. After you have it in MPEG4 format, open your itunes movie section, go to file and click on add file to library. A box will come up for you to find the folder where the movie is saved, select and open that and it will add it to your itunes library. Then when you plug in your ipod and sync it, you can add it onto your ipod. Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

krispiek16
Well done on the helping hand , my friend :clap:

Thank you everyone these are all ‘pearls’! I’ll try what you have suggested and let you know how I get on! :slight_smile:
Thanks again!
:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile: