Teac W524e

Anyone have any comments or suggestions on the abilities of a TEAC W524E as far as Clone CD is concerned? I believe it is a one sheep EFM burner.

Check the file for Support CD-Writers, you should be fine as long as it supports EFM.

Every drive supports EFM. But some can’t write SD2.

I copied MAFIA which is safedis 2.5 by using AWS. Am I some how getting an inferir copy becasue I have to use AWS?

CDW 524E is fine with SafeDisc up to 2.40.
To get a working copy with a 2.51.021 (+,I think) you got to use AWS and burn at 4x speed (at least at max I was told didn’t work).

Bye

i want to create a backup from mafia but i don’t know how i’ve got a 24x12x40 mitsumi and i use clonecd how could i create a good backup??

There is no connection between the protection and the write speed. There never is (the only exception might be CD-Cops).

If you get a coaster, but succeed at a lower speed, then your burner does not like the media you use.

I think it’s safedisc 2 protected,but you have to use AWS (not avalaible if you live in USA).You can try downloding the profile for safedisc2 (AWS active) from this site and try.

Bye

Originally posted by makankhan
Anyone have any comments or suggestions on the abilities of a TEAC W524E as far as Clone CD is concerned? I believe it is a one sheep EFM burner.
The 524 could burn SD2 up to and including v4 without AWS. A quick search of the site for “524” will show that owners are doing OK with AWS including MOHAA, Renegade and so on. You’ve killed Mafia which is great. Given this, there’s life in the old girl yet. I don’t know how it’s going with the very latest SecuROM but I suspect it is a reliable subs reader.

Is you copy inferior because of AWS? Perhaps not. As long as it does the job.