Teac DV-W516GB

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a $subj. unit. This unit is a LiteON SOHW-1673S and I have crossflashed 1673S@1693S using KS09 - patched from the codeguys page. I would like to keep the original drive’s name. How can I ?

Using the KS09 - patched I have only three options:
(see image below)

There is no method to change this or I have to wait for the codeguys to include this unit as an option in that list ?

the drivename string is only available for 1673s firmwares. just take JS0B and you can change the name to teac…

I know this. I wanted for 1693s.

For various reasons that I don’t really want to get into right now, it was, for better or for worse, decided that the drive renaming will be limited to equivalent models only. We may re-evaluate this decision in the future, but I don’t think we’ll be changing this any time soon.

In the meantime, KS09 offers no benefit whatsoever over JS0B except for -R DL support. Personally, I don’t see any reason for using the less compatible -R DL format instead of +R DL, so there really isn’t any reason to want KS09 instead of JS0B.

ok, thanks for your advice. I didn’t know exactly which is the best out of these 2 standards and I thought having write support for both of them.