TEAC dv-w516ga dvd writer problem

vbimport

My sistem: AMD Barton 2500+, 512 DDR kingmax 400MHZ, mainboard Epox 8RDA3+ (nforce chipset), HDD1: western digital 160GB, HDD2: ibm 40Gb, CD-Writer Asus 52-32-52x, dvd-writer Teac DV-W516GA Firmware version: c4s2.

The Problem: At the begining was not working at all (was installed as slave on the ide cable with the cd-writer). Then i read a post here on the forum, that said the dvd-rw must be master. Didn’t worked on the same cable with the cd-rw. so now, is on the secondary Ide channel as master, with the ibm hdd as skave. But when i want to write data from the hard drive, I have the same old writing error (something like: Scsi error, command aborted). Is there a problem with the dvd-writer ? on the same cable with the dvd-rw i have a rack, and i want to use this dvd-rw for backing up data from different hard drives.

Your help is welcome!

@ jayxflash
Welcome:). You might benefit from using an 80-wire cable for your dvd-rw drive. I would also recommend against putting your dvd burner on the same IDE channel as your HDD, particularly if you want to burn from the HDD on the same channel…that can cause transfer rate problems. I would try to put both HDD on the Primary IDE channel and try your Teac alone as Secondary Master with an 80-wire IDE cable and see if that works. If it does, add the cdrw drive as slave and see if that works. If that fails, try to delete(or ‘fall back’) the nforce drivers for your IDE channels and select the microsoft IDE drivers. That has been known to solve some of these type problems in the past.
If all that fails, post back here exactly what your drives can and can’t do, post any error logs(attach as described below) that you get(remove any serial numbers from the log) and post a Nero Infotool output. Run the tool, then click the diskette icon in the infotool toolbar and save as a .txt file, making sure all 8 boxes are checked. Attach to post using the ‘manage attachments’ button in the ‘go advanced’ reply window.
If it succeeds, let us know what did the trick for you…good luck

Well, I got your point regarding slow transfer rate if the hard drive is on the same Ide with the dvd-rw. With Nforce driver installed for the IDE Channels, the dvd-rw works perfectly alone on the secondary ide channel as master, but with the cd-rw attached as slave gives errors. So, if rolling back nforce drivers not work, i will reinstall my windows xp and will not install nforce ide drivers. I’ll keep this thread updated till my problem (hope) will be solved.

Thanx for help!

@ jayxflash
you should not have to do a complete reinstall of windows to get the microsoft IDE drivers to work. Just delete the nforce drivers and restart, and when asked, select the MS IDE drivers.

I didn’t managed to uninstall Nforce drivers. After restarting the computer, Windows Xp see 2 IDE Unknown Controllers… pretty strange… I’ve reinstalled my XP, but left on the primary IDE a master HDD and a slave CDRW, and on the secondary IDE a master DVDRW and a slave HDD. I’ll replace the incoming hdd drives with the slave cdrw and will be ok. My conclusion is, in such cases to use a external USB DVDRW… i think this will solve all the speed problems. Thank you for the help!