Teac DV-W50E Problems

the drives works normal in windows xp i can read dvd,s i can burn cd,s but when i try to burn a dvd the job doesn,t finish the program quits at the lead out. i have tried to put the drive into another system but got the same problems. is the someone who knows a solution?

Originally posted by kennie30
the drives works normal in windows xp i can read dvd,s i can burn cd,s but when i try to burn a dvd the job doesn,t finish the program quits at the lead out. i have tried to put the drive into another system but got the same problems. is the someone who knows a solution?

Please specify the software and the media you tried. They are the most important factors.

May I ask where you could get the TEAC DV-W50E and for how much?

i use nero and have with my pioneer dvd burner no problems and as i understood teac and pioneer are almost the same. i use brandles 2 speed dvd -r with gave no problems in my pioneer dvd burning drive

i got the teac drive at the computer fair for 329 euro,s

Originally posted by kennie30
i use nero and have with my pioneer dvd burner no problems and as i understood teac and pioneer are almost the same. i use brandles 2 speed dvd -r with gave no problems in my pioneer dvd burning drive

That sounds strange at first. Yes, TEAC DV-W50E is one of the many rebadged Pioneer DVR-A05/105 which is also discussed here. Maybe firmware or IDE channel problem? Latest Nero version is 5.9.10.0 which is downloadable at the usual Nero site.

i finaly found the problem it was windows xp witch took the wrong dma mode for the drive. i swith it back and after a while forward and the burning problem was gone.

strangly i also have found out the the cheap -r 2 speed disk will not work in this drive and the -r1 speed will but that is a prolem i can live with because in 2 weeks i will get mine 4 speed disks.

thanks for the support

I have a problem too…

My DV-W50E is ok to burn Hi quality media : Verbatim are ok by example but it doesn’t work with low cost media. By example with dvd-R ePerformance or dvd-rw White label gold edition…

I hope tha this DVD recorder is compatible with the firmware of the pioneer 105 or a05 because i ve bought a lot of low cost media…

Try

I’ve tried to update my DV-W50E teac with the new firmare of pioneer but il’t impossible… the flash utility doesn’t detect Pioneer burner:(

Originally posted by kofe

I’ve tried to update my DV-W50E teac with the new firmare of pioneer but il’t impossible… the flash utility doesn’t detect Pioneer burner:(

It might be a good idea to send email to TEAC. It always happened with all the OEM drives of Ricoh MP5125A (Sony, HP, AOpen, Philips, Ritek…)

Same with OEM drives of Sony DRU-500A and NEC ND-1100A.

I ve sand a mail to Teac and now i’m waiting.

I m fed up with waiting. I wanted to try my burner…

Teac, if u read this topic, make a new release of firmware because it’s sh**.

Does anyone have the same problem???

I have just send a email to teac to get a list of recomended -r dvds and if it is posible to have a firmware update to fix this problem. i must say that the guys at teac are fast and profesionalwith there support mail so when i hear anything i post it over here.

Teac DV-W50E 4x DVD-R/2x DVD-RW Drive

Teac America Contacts

TECHNICAL SUPPORT:

Technical Support Group: (323) 727-4860 VOICE

The Data Storage Product Division’s (DSPD) technical support group can be reached Monday through Friday, except for holidays, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. For after-hours support, the 24-hour automated services available include the following:

Internet Support: www.teac.com/dspd/techsupport.htm

You will find the latest driver/firmware downloads, product specification/installation guides, and FAQs.

E-mail Support: dspdtsg@teac.com

Please include your product model and part number (if possible). Include a thorough description of the conflict you are having. E-mail will be responded within 48-hours of being received (with exception of weekend and holidays). Please include your name, phone and /or fax number.

Technical Support Group: (323)869-8751 FAX

You can reach us during regular and non-business hours via fax. Fax us your detailed technical questions. Please include your name, phone and/or fax numbers.

SERVICE DEPARTMENT:

Service Department: (323)726-0303 Ext. 616 VOICE

The Service Department can be reached Monday through Friday, except for holidays, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. Please dial this number if you need product service/repair information, which includes the issuance of Return Manufacturer Authorization (RMA) numbers. Please note that no product will be accepted for repair without an RMA number.

E-Mail Support: dssvce@teac.com

Please include your product model, serial number and part number. E-mail will be responded within 48-hours of being received (with exception of weekend and holidays). Please include your name, phone and /or fax number.

Service Department: (323)727-7606 FAX

You can reach our Service Department during regular and non-business hours via fax. Please include your name, phone and/or fax numbers.

i have been al over the world to all the teac sites . but nowhere is there any info about which dvd-r or dvd-rw typs to use or any software to fix a non or bad writable dvd. trying out can be costly i (fucked) already 10 blanc dvd,s just to find out that the slow cheap blanc dvd,s work. i think or better i hope that teac will make a firmware update.

i don,t think it will be there soon but let hope

in the mean while just get my old pioneer dvd drive out of the box again. this drive does burn any dvd-r

I also own the same DVD writer and so far I have been recording on 1x-2x princo DVD-r media.
After 30 recorded media I started examining DVDs and found out that some files do not exist, were not written or are unreadable!!!
Mostly in the middle of the DVD media!!
I do not know why, I have installed a fresh winxp and have no taskbar/tray proggies, I use the newest nero burning rom and do not use my computer whilst recording.
The same thing happens over and over again…the media do get recorded bad badly…
This is very frustrating as it leaves me completely in the dark; I do not know whether this is a H/W problem, a faulty writer, software problem (nero?) or media problem.
At this stage I am quite worried and reluctant to do any more recording…
Has anyone of you guys encountered similar problems or can at least direct me in the right direction?
I was thinking about switching to mmore, intenso or perhaps discrite media…anyone of these ring a bell as being good quality?
Any help will be quite appreciated!!!:bow:

Teac was released firmware update for DV-W50E.
Here is the link:
http://www.teac.co.jp/dspd/download/firmware/dv-w50e/fwcdrome.html

K, i have a similar problem. My teac dv-w50e(rev. 1.30) will not read the DVD i want to burn. It burns cds, it reads dvds, even burned ones. The blank dvds i wanted to use are called “Fantasy DVD+R RW 4X”. The latest update i found was 1.30 and it doesnt work with that one. If i put in one of those blank dvds into the drive it takes forever to react and in the end windows (xp 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519) tells me to put something into the drive. therefor none of my burning programs will recognize the dvd and only ask me to insert one. it would be nice if someone could help me. additionally it would help to post answers teac sent to previously sent mails. thanks.

There is a site that has a list of accepted media: "http://www.teac.de/dspd/index.php?cont=support/medien.php " would still be nice to find out how to make teac accept other dvds. mfg.

+R/RW is not suitable for your drive!