Teac DV-W50E doesn't work with low cost media!

Hi

Excuse me to open a new thread with this problem but i think tha many customers are going to have the same problem…

The teac doesn’t work with chep media : by example eProformance or White label. It doesn’r detect white DVD-r empty or makes errors when it burns.

But with Verbatim (there is one in the bos) it is ok!!

I think the problem is the same that with this big brother (twin???) Pioneer 105. They don’t want that we use media which come from manufacturer who doesn’t pay tax at pioneer by example.
But Pioneer has give up this battle and has released a new firmware to correct this ERROR.

Does a solution exist???
Maybe to use the pioneer firmware in the Teac???

THX a lot

Does a solution exist???
Maybe to use the pioneer firmware in the Teac???

On your own risk but if it were me, I’d try. For now, better wait and see.

I think the problem is the same that with this big brother (twin???) Pioneer 105. They don’t want that we use media which come from manufacturer who doesn’t pay tax at pioneer by example.

Tax? All media makers pay the same royalty and there is no reason for Pioneer to try to do that. It was Pioneer that sold the equipment and encouraged them to make and ship those cheap media.

I ve tried to flash the DV-w50E with the pioneer firmware but it’s not possible : the flash utility writes that it doesn’t detect the burner (it wants to find a Pioneer of course).

I will have to wait…

I’m waiting…