Teac 224e-ba

My grandson has recently taken an interest in karaoke so I gave him my old Toshiba Tecra 8020 to assist him in his new hobby. The cd writer is a Teac 224e-ba and no matter what software we try we are unable to copy any cd+g disks or extract any cd+g tracks with it. Im quite familiar in using correct software and settings for this when using clonecd or alcohol 120, sub channel audio is set etc, audio rips fine but no graphics. I thought that maybe a firmware update may solve the problem but I just cant find anything for it. This is the nearest that I came to it http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?category=10&manufactor=34 but when I try and flash it says “Invalid Field in Command Packet” which indicates wrong firmware.
Any pointers appreciated.

I think thew drive has an different OEM firmware, so it wont flash.
Which firmware has it??

Also, are you sure this drive can handle CD+G???

Thanks for reply chef. In answer to your last question - I simply have no idea. This is the only info I have given by Clonecd:

Device Capabilities:
Note: This information is provided by the unit, it might be inaccurate. CloneCD does not use this information!
Manufacturer: TEAC
Product: CD-224E-BA
Revision: 7.7C
Can read CD-R Discs: Yes
Can read CD-RW Discs: Yes
Can read DVD Discs: No
Can read MultiSession Discs: Yes
Can read Digital Audio Discs: Yes
Digital Audio Data is accurate: Yes

This FAQ may help you:

http://www.kjams.com/wiki/FAQ

Obliged m8
Once upon a time only a few Readers like some Plextors and Yamahas was able to copy true cd+g. Even now there are not many that are classed as ‘True’ cd+g compat. The old cdr win software for example absoloutely refused to accept any machine unless true cd+g. However now we can copy cd+g on many units by using up to date software. Unfortunately this old Teac is a not one of them Ive now discovered. No probs. Ive managed to hook up a Liteon internal SOHW-1693S to the old lappy via a Maplins Hi-Speed USB/IDE lead. Reads and writes karaoke now like a good un.
Regards.