TDMore removes option to decrypt AACS protected Blu-rays

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: TDMore removes option to decrypt AACS protected Blu-rays[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/06/woooka3-95x75.png[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/tdmore-removes-option-to-decrypt-aacs-protected-blu-rays-73474

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

You forgot MakeMKV. It is also a commercial product that can remove AACS protection.

MakeMKV is free while in beta, but there has always been an option to buy the program if you want to support the developers and not have to worry about installing beta keys each month.

But this is an interesting turn of events for TDMore. And I have to wonder how often the Woookao add-on is updated. Blu-ray protections are not a static target.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2740844]You forgot MakeMKV. It is also a commercial product that can remove AACS protection.
[/QUOTE]

:iagree:…But I wonder for how long they can stay under the radar any further for the AACS-LA,after their software becomes more popular to mainstream users…

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2740844] Blu-ray protections are not a static target.[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

I think the article Dom was well written however you left the part out about it being a Dvdfab product sister company Tdmore… so the same thing happens again they remove the decryption for Blurays once again as dvdfab did because of the lawsuit I am on the side of the consumers that bought the 2 BD programs they have a right to know and TDmore was not forth coming about the change either no warning at all and I bought the AIO lifetime package I am now so poed at the company it is not even funny.

Tdmore did not deny that dvdfab owns the company either in the Tdmore section they just had no reply which is exactly what I figured they would do ignore it.

Regards,

ILLP

I’m angry that TDMore/DVDFab Continued to be greedy and collect the last dollar and was so sneaky about the way they went about removing AACS Decryption so I don’t feel bad about the company getting sued we all got ripped off until the end without proper notification and they made the last dime this was clearly deceptive advertising.

I believe they know they made a big mistake doing this, and they will try and rectify the situation if they can;)

[QUOTE=alan1476;2740849]I believe they know they made a big mistake doing this, and they will try and rectify the situation if they can;)[/QUOTE]

I sincerely hope so,Alan!..This shouldn’t have happened in the 1st place after all the promo …:disagree:
If you burn your *ss,you have to sit on the blisters…I hope they come up with a satisfying solution,but as for restoring trust in their company,I think they’ll have a long way to go…:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2740850]I sincerely hope so,Alan!..This shouldn’t have happened in the 1st place after all the promo …:disagree:
If you burn your *ss,you have to sit on the blisters…I hope they come up with a satisfying solution,but as for restoring trust in their company,I think they’ll have a long way to go…:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]Same here RW a long way to go to restore trust in the company and even if they come out with a usa version the free decypter that works for Dvdfab [B] Woookao is not an option for me once installed it is there and no way to remove the freeware which is a no go in my book no way to shut it down to use along side Anydvd.[/B]

They need an uninstaller for it…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2740850]I sincerely hope so,Alan!..This shouldn’t have happened in the 1st place after all the promo …:disagree:
If you burn your *ss,you have to sit on the blisters…I hope they come up with a satisfying solution,but as for restoring trust in their company,I think they’ll have a long way to go…:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Its too bad , the program had such a great GUI, :bigsmile:

I personally feel the best solution to this problem fix the program to be non-us like what has been done with DVDFab so folks who own movies they purchased via store may practice their “Fair Use Rights” to backup their blu-ray media while not charging those of us who already purchased the U.S program say before v1.0.0.7.

I very nearly bought this programme, something in the back of my mind said don’t!
I’m now very glad I listened to my inner voice.
This maybe like DVD Fab, US users only, but it’s not worth the risk and could be just a waste of money.

Originally Posted by voxsmart

I very nearly bought this programme, something in the back of my mind said don’t!
I’m now very glad I listened to my inner voice.
This maybe like DVD Fab, US users only, but it’s not worth the risk and could be just a waste of money.

This program was a big scam and now everyone is being quiet no accountability from TDMore and it seems continued support for the program by Myce via adverts and postings Myce should take a stand.

Still no official statement from TDmore it sure makes people wonder if there is even going to be.

Looks like customers got duped to me they could have at least sent out an email to people that purchased the software and put it in the latest version changelog 1.0.0.7 but they didn’t makes a person wonder how long this Dvdfab software will be around maybe they needed to make a quick buck…:eek:

[QUOTE=ILLP;2740931]Still no official statement from TDmore it sure makes people wonder if there is even going to be.[/QUOTE]

Probably afraid for an AiseeSoft scenario…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2740934]Probably afraid for an AiseeSoft scenario…[/QUOTE]I noticed when the official support team showed up last night they were both looking at the AiseeSoft section for quite sometime probably trying to figure out what they are going to do what kind of statement they will release,
I can’t wait to see what kind of excuse they come up with for not even telling anyone what was going on they just did it DVdfab had no other choice and Given most of us know that this is indeed a dvdfab product that they are going to have to be very good at explaining this period they knew all about the DVDFAB lawsuit there is no way they could not of.
A terrible way for the company to sell a rebadged DVDFAB program which I still think is owned by DVDFAB or they sold off rights to TDmore to market it under thier own name and fengtao gets income for the right to use his software.

I puchased this software only because of its BD decyrpting ability now that is gone a it is just another useless program for me I have anydvd but why install it if I don’t need too and that is the only reason I purchaed the 4 package bundle.

P**s poor way to do business no matter what the situation.:doh::doh:

Official statement from TDmore support more than fair for everyone link to post in TDmore section of the forum post #53

Dear all mycemembers and TDMore users:

We are very sorry on this update and issue.
TDMore is a new software brand used to provide users with cheap ( with less than $50) but powerful products until last update. We had made many effort to make the software easy to use and support latest technology including H.265 and the beta 4K output. We are trying to make the software have leading feature in the field, this is why we got noticed.

However we didn’t expect the new brand will also get issues with AACS. When we found this, we tried our best to save the brand and keep the software going.
We firstly removed the software from tdmore.com and put them onto tdmore.cn.
But we were told this was not enough. We had no choice but to do this in two days without any announcement and notice.

Hereby, i will represent the company to extent the apologize to myceusers. Users may follow the guide in the forum to make the software work like before.
For the purchased users, we will continue update the software as usual.
If users would not like to make any change, we will give a full refund (except tax, tax is not charged by us) to any users who ask a refund.

In order to make up for this, users may keep the license after refund.We will continue to provide services for these users.

Thank you very much for your concern and support to TDMore Software!

Johnson
TDMore Software

I think for a company to do the above, you have to believe that they are an honest and very unlucky company. They had an excellent product and again the AACS-LA put some very good people in a pickle, they were not in business long enough to make a killing , they thought they could get by being a small entity and delivering a great product, but they were done in like others.
I do not believe for one minute that they tried to steal anyone money. I think it was a good product at a fair price and it just didn’t work out, but remember the rest of the programs attributes are plenty, and there are ways around this ruling that put them in a bad light, I don’t have to tell you all because its been discussed before, the program is still viable for many. And I think the above shows that they are an honest group of people just trying to do business. jmho. I will continue to use these programs as I like what they offer. I hope everyone else can give them a chance to recover from this, they deserve it.

It remains to be seen if they follow up on the promises stated in their statement I hope get an email by Tuesday on my refund status.

Regrettably, as with every “all-in one” package, without the decryption module, the program/s amount to little more than yet another converter in a very crowded market.

Indeed, with decryption capability removed, there are any number of very good to excellent freeware alternatives for virtually every task that TDMore programs are still able to do.

Further, even insofar TDMore products presently provide greater support for the H265 codec than freeware alternatives, some free alternatives already support that codec (e.g. BDtoAVCHD) and one can reasonably expect that various other freeware converters will provide support for the H265 codec sooner rather than later.

[QUOTE=philamber;2741072]Regrettably, as with every “all-in one” package, without the decryption module, the program/s amount to little more than yet another converter in a very crowded market.
[/QUOTE]

So true. At this point there’s no reason to spend any more time on this software than it takes to uninstall it.

It remains to be seen if they follow up on the promises stated in their statement I hope get an email by Tuesday on my refund status.

FWIW, I asked for a refund months ago and never heard back. It was well within the “30-day money back” period.