TDK Velocd 241040 - Testing burn speed with Nero - only 16x?

vbimport

Hi,

I have the above CDRW with winxp Pro and a good system (athlon 1800, 512 MB RAM etc)....

Anyway, after checking the transfer (read) speed with Nero CD Speed, i see the normal, nice graph showing the speed increasing as the reading progresses (in line with the zone based rotational speed setting that the velocd uses)...

However, there is also a write test within Nero speed that can be run when you put in a blank disk. So, i put in a blank disk, and the only test that is then highlighted is 'transfer test'. I run that and it says 'starting write test' etc...and the graph is drawn showing how fast the CD is supposed to be burning (it is not actually burning - just a test i assume)...

Anyway, my graph is flat at 16x...it does not ramp up to near 24x as it should and as i can see the graph do in a test result posted on www.cdspeed2000.com for this particular TDK drive....

DMA is working fine (as it works for reading and the settings in computer management are fine)....

Could it be related to the media type i am using??...perhaps...however i have some TDK blank disks rated at 32x and tried one of those - got the same results!!....

Any clues??

thanks,
bs

I still think it’s the media. I recommend you to buy a few discs of a totally different brand and try if that do not help.