TDK Speed-X media problems

vbimport

Take a look at this:
Manufacturer : TDK
Code : 97m15s05f
Disc Type : CD-R
Usage : General
Recording Layer : Dye Type 5: Short Strategy (Phthalocyanine)
Recording Speed : n/a
Capacity : 159:59.74
1406 MB
Additional Capacity : n/a
Overburn Capacity : not tested

And tell me that is normal.
This is TDK Speed-X up to 48x media that I bought in PC World in the UK. I’ve tested this media on 7 different drives now and non of them will have it. Two of the drives (a Yamaha and an MSI) wouldn’t even detect the media propperly, the other five (a Plextor, two LG’s, a samsung and a different MSI) took the media but non of them would complete Nero Speed test with the media.
The new 52-speed MSI drive almost did it but crapped out after hitting 54.41-speed. The othe drives either didn’t start or died half-way trough. Any ideas ? Defective media or ?
I’m going to call TDK and see if they have any explanation.

/TheLostSwede

I use the speed-x media and they work fine for me. When i use cdspeed to identify the media it says that the cd is 160 minutes long, just like your cds. There is nothing to worry about. Nro tells me that the media has 703 mb, normal for a 80 min cd-r. Iburned succesfully several “faulty” media wothout any problems, as long as i don’t try to overburn to 160 mins.

Uhm… well, I can’t burn the media as some of the drives won’t even detect the media as there so the burn button is greyed out.
The other drives behave strangley and crash out halfway trough burning. I’ve contacted TDK and will be sending them some of the media back so they can check it.