TDK Serial Numbers

vbimport

Does anyone know what the serial numbers should start out with for TDK’s.

My discs start with “MAD” and “MAH”.

Looks like your TDK -Rs are made by CMC Magnetics. Most of the TDK -R media sold in the US at least is made in Taiwan by CMC.

TDK Corp. (TTD02) - MAH671IL30045664
TDK Corp. (TTG01) - MAD6141A01130772 D5

here in czech republic are made either by ritek (-R) or moser baer (+R)

Sonoluca!

Those look like the same numbers. I will have to confirm later.

So these TTG01 and TTD02 are the TDK Codes? Do you mean TTG02?

Thanks for the info!

Two Degrees, yes these were made in Taiwan. I know that they are most likely CMC Made but arent they made to TDK Specs kinda like the Verbatim deal?

Yes, the same deal as Verbatim. I wish TDK and Verbatim would contract with Taiyo Yuden to make their discs though.

TDK 8x DVD+R (CMCMAGE01) - PAH658IK22112031 2
TDK 8x DVD+R (RICOHJPNR02) - K4803558E506RT4082903D06391

These are both 25pc spindles available in SE Asia

RICOHJPNR02 hasn’t been available as TDK 8x DVD+R in the US for quite some time unfortunately. It’s either CMC MAG E01 or something by Moser Baer India (forget the media code). Karangguni, consider yourself lucky that the TDK Ricoh media is still for sale in your country!

for your information , verbatim pastel dvd -r/+r are made by taiyo yuden
also verbatim pastel cdrs

I was aware of the Pastels; I meant using TY to make the discs with MCC Azo dye instead of using CMC, Prodisc and Moser Baer.

Hi…

So are the serial codes “MAH” and “MAD” specific to only TDK produced CMC’s or does CMC stamp all media with those starting serial codes?

Where can I find info on the serials?

Serial numbers aren’t most people’s preferred way of telling what a media code is… That’s what DVD Identifier is for.

I just picked up 200 TDK PrintOn DVD+R from costco for $41 USD. Are these any good?

It isn’t exactly available right now; it was in April or May. RICOHJPNR02 TDKs appear only occassionally here - once in several months someone will bring it in - and then those who know what it is will swarm over the shop like crazy. Can’t tell which shop will do it either. So I went out and snapped up 50 pieces of it when I saw it. Slowly using it up now. I can get hold of Ricoh 8x DVD+Rs though, which have the same media code and are cheaper. They just lack TDK’s nice protective surface which I like. Lots of shops with the CMC MAG stuff lying around - nobody wants to touch them.

tehGrue

Yes I know but I have a recorder and not a burner.

Makes what you mention moot, however someone said the was a way to run it using a recorder. Do you know how?

Agreed, but for some media it doesn’t tell the whole truth. Verbatim MCC 02RG20 can be made by CMC, Prodisc or MBI, all with the same media code.

Hi…

So are the serial codes “MAH” and “MAD” specific to only TDK produced CMC’s or does CMC stamp all media with those starting serial codes?

Where can I find info on the serials?

All -R media manufactured by CMC, regardless of media code, starts with those type codes. The first three letters let you know the disc type (-R or +R), dye type and speed:
M= minus; P= plus
A= Azo; F= Fuji dye, T=?
D= 4x, H= 8x, P= 16x.

So a disc serial starting with PAH is an 8x +R disc using Azo dye.