TDK/LITE-ON 241040B question

Hey guys and gals. I need some expert advice. I have a TDK VeloCD 241040B (LITE-ON). All of the sudden about two weeks ago, it stopped recognizing CDR media (whether blank or used). It still works fine with reading pressed discs. I tried flashing to the latest TDK firmware (57s5) and it did not make any difference. I considered trying to flash it with lite-on firmware using mktflash or whatever, but I am not confident it is the best course of action. I would like to see this drive useable again. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know.

Scotty

try cleaning the lens reading cdr and rw is alot harder to pickup with a dirty lens.

It is not very dangerous to try converting it to a lite-on drive. If you ever need anything for this drive ask me because I have it too.

I already have tried cleaning the lens, also. No help there. And I am not worried about it being dangerous to convert it to a lite-on firmware. I am just doubtful that it will make a difference and would like to know if anyone has had a similar problem or if they think it is likely to be a hardware problem.

Scotty

bumpity for any other ideas…

Scotty

Try converting it.