TDK launches sales of Blu-ray Professional Disc with 23.3GB

vbimport

I just posted the article TDK launches sales of Blu-ray Professional Disc with 23.3GB.

TDK LAUNCHES SALES OF  PROFESSIONAL DISC (PD-RE23CN) WITH 23.3GB CAPACITY AND HIGH-SPEED 72MBPS1 TRANSFER RATE UTILIZING BLUE LASER TECHNOLOGY  '“ TDK's Professional Disc Offers Unprecedented ...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/10170-TDK-launches-sales-of-Blu-ray-Professional-Disc-with-23_3GB.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/10170-TDK-launches-sales-of-Blu-ray-Professional-Disc-with-23_3GB.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Get yours today for the low low price of $97.65ea in OEM lots of 1000 pc bundles! :* Just gimme the DL’s at a reasonable price… then maybe start thinkin of this stuff!

yeah sounds great, so how much $ ???

Sony’s PD(ProDisc) format is specially developed for professional applications and it is not Blu-ray and not compatible with Blu-ray. It uses higher Data transferrates than BD and PD hasn’t archieved any format standardisations. From the press release This product is intended for exclusive use with the Professional Disc System ('XDCAM"). This disc cannot be used with 'Blu-ray Disc" or 'Professional Disc for DATA" equipment.
[edited by H3rB3i on 19.04.2005 09:09]
[edited by H3rB3i on 20.04.2005 18:38]

Here some informations about PDD (Professional Disc for Data) Drives for app. US$3000 medias for US$45

This is really suitable for broadcasters such as the one I work for, as even professional digital tape formats are prone to dropout, ageing after 5-10 years even when stored properly, etc. Currnetly for us, 1inch tape is archived to digibeta, D3 will go to Digi or Digi’s replacement, as will digibeta to ???. The new backup medium and possibly playout medium will be optical. When IT systems get much faster, with multiple redundancy, playout for a disitributed network live between broadcasters may be a new way to do things.