the disc was clean and unscratched :eek:
supplied by deanwitty :flower:

[QUOTE=pepst;2616527]Plextor BD-R PX-LB950SA 1.06, 22,07 GB burned at 4x

sold as "SmartBlu 6X BD-R"
MID: TDKBLD-RBD-000
made in UAE by FTI

the disc was clean and unscratched :eek:
supplied by deanwitty :flower:[/QUOTE]

Don’t know quite what to make of the 6x TDK BD-R design. Don’t scan as clean as the 4x TDK/Smartblu’s. Immature firmware support? Slightly inferior disc design? That looks a bit worse than what I’ve seen. Maybe packing too many discs in that spindle wasn’t a wise choice on my part? :doh::slight_smile: Flashed my 212 over to Plex and this is what I get.

Lite-on iHBS212@Plextor BD-R PX-LB950SA 1.06, 22.99 GB burned at 4x

sold as "SmartBlu 6X BD-R"
MID: TDKBLD-RBD-000
made in UAE by FTI

[B]MID[/B]: TDKBLD-RBB-000
[B]Media[/B]: 4x rated BD-R 25GB
[B]Burner[/B]: LG WH12LS30
[B]Firmware[/B]: 1.01
[B]Burn Speed[/B]: 4x
[B]Made In[/B]: U.A.E.
[B]Sold As[/B]: SmartBlu White Inkjet wide sputtered
[B]Size[/B]: 22862(MB)

^Thank you
[B]Size[/B]: 22706(MB)

[QUOTE=vroom;2621444]How? How can you live with this low quality burns Jim?
:bigsmile::bigsmile:
Simply awesome.[/QUOTE]
I am :o to post such trash.

[B]Size[/B]: 22943(MB)

Don’t worry, JC. I can burn em bad too :o

Drive: LG WH10LS30 (1.00-09), 20.63GB burned
MID: TDKBLD-RBB-000
Manufacturer: Made in UAE by FTI
Brand: SmartBlu 4X BD-R SL wide sputtered white inkjet hub-print
Speed: Burned at 6X with Imgburn
perfect TRT

:wink:

** Discussion posts split from a thread in the Blank Blu-ray Media Tests forum **

Hopefully the order of them still makes sense :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2643906]** Discussion posts split from a thread in the Blank Blu-ray Media Tests forum **

Hopefully the order of them still makes sense ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Lin :flower:

Sorry for the breach of etiquette, got a little too used to gabbing in these threads while they were moved to the main blank media forum :o:doh::).

[QUOTE=mariner8611;2643792]

1. The Falcon 25GB BD-Rs seem to come in 3 different grades: value, pro and pro-century. Can you kindly coment on the difference in quality, shelf life and the part numbers?[/QUOTE]
    The Pro-Century line refers to their gold DVD-R/CD-R line as well as their new platinum alloy DVD-R.
    The distinguishing feature between Pro and Value is primarily their capability for overspeed burning. The value are certified to burn within BDA specs at rated speed. The Pro are certified to burn within that spec at the higher speeds allowed by most burners. Since the BDA spec requires a very high level of quality that many manufacturers do not aspire to, even the “value” are quite good.
  1. Do they all use the same TDKBLDRBB(000) MID, and so there’s no way to tell them apart, except by looking at the label?

All 4x FTI BD-R are TDKBLDRBB(000).

1. Accrding to this post
    http://club.myce.com/f142/falcon-bd-r-media-pro-vs-value-325482/#post2625785
If you only want 5 to 10 years and will keep them in a good environment, then our Value should also be a good solution.

Should I go for the Pro grade if more thank 10 years shelf life is required?

Longevity will be affected by burn speed. If you wish to have the most bullet-proof results at any speed, the Pro have the specs to give you that.

1. Can’t find the $2 Pro media you had mentioned. Is this $2.49 offering from TapeResources a Pro?

http://www.taperesources.com/FA-BDR-0302.html

That $2.00/ea. deal sold out fast :). That price for Pros is a rare thing.
Falcon Pro will always have the “PRO” logo on the package like the one in this picture.

1. Are the Smart Blu’s rebadged Falcon Value media? I have not received any reply from MMM after sending 2 email enquires.

FTI doesn’t produce any BD-R that are lower grade than the “value”. MMM will not likely divulge exactly where their private label FTIs are specced, or respond to inquiries comparing their media to Falcons. It would not be wise for them to encourage a competition with a valued partner.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2644220]The Pro-Century line refers to their gold DVD-R/CD-R line as well as their new platinum alloy DVD-R.
The distinguishing feature between Pro and Value is primarily their capability for overspeed burning. The value are certified to burn within BDA specs at rated speed. The Pro are certified to burn within that spec at the higher speeds allowed by most burners. Since the BDA spec requires a very high level of quality that many manufacturers do not aspire to, even the “value” are quite good.

All 4x FTI BD-R are TDKBLDRBB(000).

Longevity will be affected by burn speed. If you wish to have the most bullet-proof results at any speed, the Pro have the specs to give you that.

That $2.00/ea. deal sold out fast :). That price for Pros is a rare thing.
Falcon Pro will always have the “PRO” logo on the package like the one in this picture.

FTI doesn’t produce any BD-R that are lower grade than the “value”. MMM will not likely divulge exactly where their private label FTIs are specced, or respond to inquiries comparing their media to Falcons. It would not be wise for them to encourage a competition with a valued partner.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, Dean.

1. According to a Falcon brochure, the Pro has a rating of 50 years lifespan. Are you suggesting that the same can be achieved for the Value media if burn speed is reduced to say 2x?

2. I would like to give these Falcon Pro’s a try. Are there any additional info such as product code, stamper code etc that I can rely on to tell if these are indeed genuine Pro’s?

http://www.cdrecordingsoftware.com/p1173432652/FalconMedia-Pro-25GB-4x-Blu-Ray-Shiny-Silver-25-Pack/product_info.html

Many thanks and best regards.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2644219]Thanks, Lin :flower:

Sorry for the breach of etiquette, got a little too used to gabbing in these threads while they were moved to the main blank media forum :o:doh::).[/QUOTE]

Hehe. No worries :slight_smile: - as I said, if you suddenly see “strange” threads popping up in here, it’s just me playing musical posts in the Tests forums - better than deleting a useful discussion! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=mariner8611;2644237]Thanks for the reply, Dean.

1. According to a Falcon brochure, the Pro has a rating of 50 years lifespan. Are you suggesting that the same can be achieved for the Value media if burn speed is reduced to say 2x?

2. I would like to give these Falcon Pro’s a try. Are there any additional info such as product code, stamper code etc that I can rely on to tell if these are indeed genuine Pro’s?

http://www.cdrecordingsoftware.com/p1173432652/FalconMedia-Pro-25GB-4x-Blu-Ray-Shiny-Silver-25-Pack/product_info.html

Many thanks and best regards.[/QUOTE]

1. I was just saying that it is more important to burn the “value” Falcons near rated speed for maximum burn quality/longevity.

2. You may wish to contact a seller to ensure that they will be sending you the PRO discs before purchasing. There was a case of one seller showing a picture of the FalconMedia PRO labeled media and supplying
    the FalconMedia(value) product instead. A PRO spindle will have that word on the label.

[B]Size[/B]: 22100(MB)