TDK DVD±Rs in Australia now CMC

G’day all,

This is a message aimed at all Australians. All recently delivered TDK 4x DvD±R media is made by CMC - either with CMC’s own manufacturer’s ID (+R) or with TDKG020000/TTG01 (-R). You will still find older RICOHJPNR01 (RITEK) +Rs and TDKG020000 or TYG01 Made in Japan -Rs but I would advise everyone who wishes to stock up on good quality discs to do so before stock runs out of the older discs.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

Yesss.
I noticed in JB HiFi today, the 50 pack spindle of TDK’s were made in Taiwan.
I Umm’ed and Ahhh’ed and walked out, coz they’re still @ $136 for the 50.( didn’t want to take a chance)
I rekon you guys got everyone excited over them, being TYg01’s, and now they probably get the Taiwanese versions cheaper, so the TDK importer AND JB are making huge profits now! :rolleyes:

I hope this post doesn’t sound tooooo cynical!

All I can say is that I’m glad I stocked up! :smiley:

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

I just checked Dick Smith’s today. They have some ‘boxed’ (in 10) -R’s that say ‘made in Japan’. The individual ‘jewel cased’ -R’s and the ‘shrink wrapped 5 packs’ are ‘made in Taiwan’.
They had +R …“made in Taiwan”
$30 for the boxed 10 pack.
I tried to haggle with a salesman to purchase all the (or lots of them) boxed packs, but ‘no dice’
$30 take it or leave it.
I did notice in at JB HiFi a unfamiliar brand in a ‘50 pack’ (not cake box) Brand name started with A. Axxxxxx( or something?) $59.
They are ‘Made in Singapore’, could they be MCC?
Who makes discs in ‘Sing’?

cheers.

Singapore: either MCC or General Magnetics Pte. Ltd.

Refer to my messages in the “Storage” forums at http://www.overclockers.com.au for more information about the CMC-made TDKs.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

Help need a answer for a exe problem where do I go?

Hmmm, methinks he shouldn’t really ask where to go, someone might tell him :wink:

Oh no! I just asked someone to help me buy the 50-pack spindle of DVD-R from JB HiFi! Are the CMC ones with Japanese writing on the packaging as well?

if they are the same as the Memorex 4x DVD+Rs the CMCs are very good quality you can get good CMCs now. :wink:

Look at the cakebox package. The Taiyo Yudens have a WHITE plastic wrap with all the labelling that you have to tear off to access the discs and also have the usual Taiyo Yuden cakebox design with a BLACK corrugated base and the “bump” around the circumference of the cover quite near the base. Also, if you can read Japanese, look for “Country of Origin: Japan” in the table on the plastic wrapping.

Attached is a picture of a TDK/TY 4x DVD-R spindle.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

Thanks mate, my friend’s description sounds like the one above.