TDK DVD-R question

vbimport

This is disc in spindle in 50 DVD-R 16X, can be really TTH02 or fakes id mediacode http://www.mediandorra.com/product_info.php/cPath/36/products_id/919 and it´s good this to a pioneer 106RD

I think that the 50 pcs spindle will be most likely TTH02… well, if it’s not, then it’ll be CMC MAG AM3, MBI01RG40 or some DAXON MID…

I don’t know about Pioneer 106, but my 109 couldn’t burn the TDK -Rs:( (and mostly every TTH02 discs…)

[QUOTE=liquid22;2168294] it´s good this to a pioneer 106RD[/QUOTE]TDK media is not what it used to be. Far from it. IMO don’t bother, and go for Sony or Verbatim instead.

Agreed:iagree: However, if i’d know for sure i will get TTH02 (made by FTI), i’d definitely buy it:p

[QUOTE=Sanyifashion;2170642]Agreed:iagree: However, if i’d know for sure i will get TTH02 (made by FTI), i’d definitely buy it:p[/QUOTE]Oh, if it’s made by FTI, then yeah, I’ve heard from rather reliable sources that they’re excellent. NEver had the pleasure to try any, though.

Why you don’t use SMART BURN for identify the exact mediacode?
Smartburn is a Liteon Utility!
Cobra70

I don’t think now anyone else make TTH02 for TDK other than FTI… but correct me if i’m wrong. The problem is the uncertainty, that you can get MII ones, wich doesn’t really appeal to me, because of the degrading TDK003s…

[quote=cobra70;2170860]Why you don’t use SMART BURN for identify the exact mediacode?
Smartburn is a Liteon Utility!
Cobra70[/quote]
What if it’s TTH02? Will it tell him, it’s fake TTH02 or not? I doubt it… or there aren’t any fake TTH02 MIDs?

[QUOTE=Sanyifashion;2171726]I don’t think now anyone else make TTH02 for TDK other than FTI… but correct me if i’m wrong. The problem is the uncertainty, that you can get MII ones, wich doesn’t really appeal to me, because of the degrading TDK003s…
[/QUOTE]

AFAIK TMI and MBI are still producing some TTH02 media.

And last month a friend of mine bought 5 spindles, they were Made in Luxembourg. So there’s still stock of M.I.L. (which surprises me), at least around where I live in “brick & mortar” shops.

[QUOTE=liquid22;2168294] and it´s good this to a pioneer 106RD[/QUOTE]

I would say no, and most other 16x DVD media also. You should think about a new burner, which will be much cheaper by the way than testing dozens of media which one could be fit to your old burner who knows none of the actual media and has’nt any strategie for one of them. He burns every 16x media with a universal strategie (alltimes the same with every kind of DVD media) it’s only luck if that fits to some extent for one of the actual mids.

It doesn’t pay out to annoy with that when you can buy a new burner for 30$.

And even FTI-made media under the TDK brand name is becoming scarcer these days now that Imation owns the brand in most parts of the world. As such, expect mostly CMC- or RiTEK-made media in the TDK cakeboxes. In fact, I have recently discovered 100-pack spindles of TDK-branded blank DVD media sold at OfficeMax and Office Depot which contained RiTEK-made discs even though the words “LOCK” and “OPEN” were in TNR font (albeit a slightly different-looking type than the one that’s familiar to buyers of CMC-made blank media).

[QUOTE=RJL65;2171764]And even FTI-made media under the TDK brand name is becoming scarcer these days now that Imation owns the brand in most parts of the world. As such, expect mostly CMC- or RiTEK-made media in the TDK cakeboxes. In fact, I have recently discovered 100-pack spindles of TDK-branded blank DVD media sold at OfficeMax and Office Depot which contained RiTEK-made discs even though the words “LOCK” and “OPEN” were in TNR font (albeit a slightly different-looking type than the one that’s familiar to buyers of CMC-made blank media).[/QUOTE]

exactly. You can never be sure what you get.

FWIW, I just picked up a 100 piece Cake Box of TDK 16x DVD-R’s from Newegg for $20 shipped. They had Imation listed on the white partof the orange shrink wrap and are made in taiwan. Nero’s MID is CMC MAG. AM3 .

[QUOTE=rzrbldsoup39;2172646]FWIW, I just picked up a 100 piece Cake Box of TDK 16x DVD-R’s from Newegg for $20 shipped. They had Imation listed on the white partof the orange shrink wrap and are made in taiwan. Nero’s MID is CMC MAG. AM3 .[/QUOTE]

CMC MAG. AM3 media is decent even though such discs don’t always look pretty in scans. its +R cousin, CMC MAG M01, however, showed too much jitter in scans.

[QUOTE=RJL65;2172807]CMC MAG. AM3 media is decent even though such discs don’t always look pretty in scans. its +R cousin, CMC MAG M01, however, showed too much jitter in scans.[/QUOTE]

:iagree: Just look out for Made in China M01 discs, those are not even close to decent. Too inconsistent.

Really for TDK? I never saw any of those:p I knew MBI was producing TTH02 for Ricoh DVD-R discs, but Ricoh’s gone now…

I’ve never came across with Ritek-made TDK discs:p Interesting… A few month ago, i bought a +R spindle, it was MBIPG101R05. My friend bought 2 -R spindle, and it was MBI01RG40… so MBI is still in the busines. Unfortunately:P. Ok ok, the +R version is quite good actually.

[QUOTE=Sanyifashion;2173026]Really for TDK? [/QUOTE]

To be precise nobody is producing for TDK anymore. The rights to sell under the TDK brand lays by Imation. And Imation uses often MBI as producer for their disks. Newer TTH02 are often from Arabic Emirates (FTI) but before and still yet MBI produces many of them. You can also buy MBI made TTH02 as Panasonic 16 DVD-R Made in India.

[QUOTE=Sanyifashion;2173026]I’ve never came across with Ritek-made TDK discs:p[/QUOTE]

The last two spindles of TDK-branded media that I purchased (which was about a year and a half ago) were Ritek-made DVD+R discs (the MID code on those were RITEK R05, with the stamper hub code VR5RK1-00290).

[QUOTE=BurningFish;2173032]To be precise nobody is producing for TDK anymore. The rights to sell under the TDK brand lays by Imation. And Imation uses often MBI as producer for their disks.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Imation does continue to use MBI on occasion. But both CMC and Ritek are Imation’s primary suppliers for that group’s MIT (Made In Taiwan) media (as of 2008, MIT media sold under the Imation-controlled brands are almost equally divided between CMC and Ritek).

[QUOTE=Womi;2171770]exactly. You can never be sure what you get.[/QUOTE]

:disagree:

If the media is made somewhere other than Taiwan, then you have a pretty good idea of who made it.

Made in India = MBI
Made in the United Arab Emirates = FTI
Made in Malaysia = Daxon

It’s only with the Made in Taiwan media where you will have no idea what could be inside the spindle.

I bought two 100-pack spindles of MIM TDK DVD+R on Black Friday here in the states ($15.99), because I’ve been wanting to test DAXON AZ3, and BenQ brand media was too expensive.

If the media is made somewhere other than Taiwan, then you have a pretty good idea of who made it.

Made in India = MBI
Made in the United Arab Emirates = FTI
Made in Malaysia = Daxon
[/QUOTE]

There are also Made In Thailand TDK media = made by TMI (Thai Media Industries a.k.a Eastgate Technology), but they are very rare.