TDK DVD+R Media

Has anyone tried the TDK+R media with the Plextor 708A? I was using the Verbatim Datalife 4x +R and did was NOT getting successful burns.

Carlos

Yes, my friend, fear not. TDK’s +R discs work just fine. It will even write them at 8x speed despite saying on the cover they are 4x speed verified. At least that’s my experience, but I’m sure it is shared by many others.

Originally posted by CTM
[B]Has anyone tried the TDK+R media with the Plextor 708A? I was using the Verbatim Datalife 4x +R and did was NOT getting successful burns.

Carlos [/B]

I had a failed burns to (at the end) with Verbatim and some other medias but after updating to Nero 6.0.0.23 everything finishes perfect , I burn x8 all the time …

I have found the TDK DVD+R disks to be very reliable and they burn at 8x speed. Staples had a 25 pack spindle on sale last week for $35!

Which company manufactures TDK+R media, and where are they made? If they are good quality, as appears, 25 disks for $35 is excellent value indeed.

Originally posted by justsatorn
Which company manufactures TDK+R media, and where are they made? If they are good quality, as appears, 25 disks for $35 is excellent value indeed.

The media ID is ricohjpnr01 = Ricoh.
Manufacturer is Ritek in Taiwan (Yes most ricoh media is manufactured by ritek).
And yes they works just fine here - just like all other ricohjpnr01 discs I’ve had.

On the other hand there is cheaper ricohjpnr01 discs out there.

I was asking the question on TDK DVD+R media because I started using Verbatim with a product code of RICOHJPN and was not getting good results. So I tried TDK DVD-R and it worked fine when making datat and dvd backups. Its product code was TKDG…

I recently purchased a spindle of TDK DVD+R but the product code is RICOHJPN which is the same as the verbatim that I was first using. I wanted to find out what other people are using and or if they are having good results with the TDKs.

I am running XP Pro, 1.03 firmare on the plextor.