TDK DVD media, who manufacture them?

This thread is for discussing where and who that manufactures TDK media (the ones with TDK MIDs).

I’ll post my thoughts, results and other bits of info I can dig up. But it’s harder since TDK never state where the media is manufactured on their packages.

TDK 16x DVD+R TDK003, written with AD-7203A

I managed to find what looks like 3 different manufacurers out from the media I have. Serial numbers are the number around the center hole.

Disc 1 (scan attachment number 1): Serial number 7050 422 +RE A 20513 I’m guessing this is made by Moser Baer out from the way the serial number is made. The spindle also suggest MBI as it has an rough bottom.

Disc 2 (Scan attachment number 2): Serial number: 7050437+REC000017202. Could this be Prodisc made? Serial number sure looks similar, and spindle has an smooth bottom and round top lip like much prodisc media has.

Disc 3 (Scan attachment number 3): Serial number (and it’s so damn hard to read I’m not 100% sure it’s right): Z04J112012dA361. I have no clue where this media comes from, was thinking CMC at first, but serial number doesn’t look like that either.

2nd reserved

3rd reserved

4th reserved

TDK Japan, TDK Luxembourg (now defunct), Moser Baer India, CMC Taiwan, Mitsui France (now defunct), Falcon Technology UA Emirates, from what I know :confused:

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;1978006]TDK Japan, TDK Luxembourg (now defunct), Moser Baer India, CMC Taiwan, Mitsui France (now defunct), Falcon Technology UA Emirates, from what I know :confused:[/QUOTE]

Yes, but how to know what is made by who? :wink:

These are most likely CMC. See if the serial# on the inner hub of the disc begins with the letters… PQP .

[QUOTE=e6shamroc;1978106]These are most likely CMC. See if the serial# on the inner hub of the disc begins with the letters… PQP .[/QUOTE]

The inner hub serial numbers are already posted for the discs I’ve tested so far.

How can you identify spindles of TDK 003 and TTH 02 (16x + and - respectively) in the US?

Made in india?

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;1978006] Falcon Technology UA Emirates, from what I know :confused:[/QUOTE]

Really? That’s interesting, I have never heard about it. Could you post any test of FTI made medium? :bow:

I have two 25 spindles, purchased almost 2 years ago, which I knew were TDK 003. Here’s the serials (as close as I can get):

MBIL-India made: 5040 417 +R E A 05212 (matches Disc 1 in Post #2)

TDK-Luxembourg made: COSI240536?T351 (matches Disc 3 in Post #2)

I always assumed the CMC-style spindles contained CMC MAG. M01, not TDK 003 - is that correct? Haven’t looked for Prodisc or others recently. Videohelp list 6 MID’s for TDK DVD+R 16X meanwhile, it’ll be near impossible to pick out the TDK 003 now, especially in Europe with no COO on the label.

Here in Egypt we have lots of TDK 16X DVD+R MIT media in 10 disc spindles that are PRODISC R04 which turned out to be very good :slight_smile:

I knew they would not be CMC although MIT because it had Sans Serif (Non TNR) font :wink:

[QUOTE=pepst;1995897]Really? That’s interesting, I have never heard about it. Could you post any test of FTI made medium? :bow:[/QUOTE]

http://dvd-r.jpn.org/test2/qcheckformv.cgi?mode=main&name=TDK_16xSHC50

I had a spindle myself, and as I can’t find it I assume I used it all up or gave it away/sold it. The discs were OK.

So, again, how do we identify true TDK 003 and TTH 02 in the US from the spindle before purchasing?

[QUOTE=OC-Freak;1977993]This thread is for discussing where and who that manufactures TDK media (the ones with TDK MIDs).[/QUOTE]

TDK 16X +R in our local shops is made by MBI. These seem to
be quite good discs. MID: TDK003
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/tdk-003-aging-examples-pi-pif-228848/#post1897623

Locally available TDK + and - R 8X are made by TY. These
are great discs, but the price is high.
MID YUDEN000T02 / TYG02
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f76/taiyo-yuden-dvd-r-80885/index11.html#post1827802
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f91/lg-gsa-h22n-post-your-scans-questions-here-191607/index26.html#post1719800

[QUOTE=pepst;1995897]Really? That’s interesting, I have never heard about it. Could you post any test of FTI made medium? :bow:[/QUOTE]

Lots more scans here (TDK 003, posts #46 and higher) and here (TTH02, post #40 and up). These appeared in Germany end of last year and look OK. Apparently it actually says “Made in UAE” on the label, so they should be easy to identify.

[QUOTE=Dalen Quaice;2004973]So, again, how do we identify true TDK 003 and TTH 02 in the US from the spindle before purchasing?[/QUOTE]

If you find any TDK 16x DVD media that is Made in India, it should be TDK003 (+R) or TTH02 (-R).

I’ve also seen (and still have) some TDK-branded MBIL-made RICOHJPNR03. Nice gray top, mediocre burns from 4x to 20x… but to give it credit, the 20x burns are half decent.