Tdk double layer any good?

vbimport

i saw a ad for tdk double layer dvd’s on sale…are tdk as good as vervatim dvd’s

No.

I agree with CDan - Verbatim is currently the only safe choice for Dual/Double Layer DVD media.

ALL TDK media is JUNK
I got so many trouble with TDK Media

@ Burnsama

What burner and firmware do you have?

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2045773]@ Burnsama

What burner and firmware do you have?[/QUOTE]

Lots of writer and latest F.W ( LG / Lite On / PIO / Plextor / Samsung and more …
and I had TDK DL media ( RICOHJPN D00? / RICOHJPN D01 8X / RITEKD01 )
was Very Bad media

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2045769]ALL TDK media is JUNK
I got so many trouble with TDK Media[/QUOTE]
Dont know about DL, but Ive had good luck with "SL TDK

[QUOTE=jamoskeag3;2045787]Dont know about DL, but Ive had good luck with "SL TDK[/QUOTE]

Which MID ???

[QUOTE=raymondtrudeau;2045646]i saw a ad for tdk double layer dvd’s on sale…are tdk as good as vervatim dvd’s[/QUOTE]

No, they aren’t as compatible with as many DVD burners as the Verbatims. And the current 8x TDK-branded DVD+R DL’s could be RICOHJPN D01 (if made by Ritek) or CMC MAG D04 (if made by CMC Magnetics). Thus, the quality of the TDK DL’s is a crapshoot at best - and if you can get a good burn on those TDKs (and have all of your standalone DVD players play movies burned to such media without locking up or skipping), then more power to you!

I’ve used RICOHJPND00 and RITEK D01 sold as TDK. There is no easy way to distinguish between the two without opening the package as both MIDs are produced by Ritek. Results are medicore at best with both MIDs.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

In Europe, TDK DVD+R DLs are mostly RICOHJON D01c made by UAE atm.

I cant say anything about the quality though.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2045660]I agree with CDan - Verbatim is currently the only safe choice for Dual/Double Layer DVD media.[/QUOTE]

And even those may not be safe:

Degrading fast

Moomin, praying BD discs will drop in price soon :rolleyes: