TDK CD-R80 Metallic

Hi All

I can buy these here in the UK in Tubs of 50 and 1OO, problem is there is no Made in xxxxxxx anywhere on the Tub label. Thing I like them and have no problems with them at all, TDK give them a 100 year lifespan.

Can anybody enlighten me on these please.

Washac

Hi All

Do I take the silence as a dont know then?

Washac

The last TDK Metallic 50 spindel (48x) I bought have also no made in xxxxxx. It only ses TDK Europe (luxembourg) and Item Code: CD-R80CBMEA50.

Drive Type = CD-RW    
         Disc Type = CDR
          Material = Phthalocyanine
           Lead In = 97:17:06
          Lead Out = 79:59:74
  Nominal Capacity = 702.83MB
Manufacturer Maybe = Moser Baer India Limited
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 52X (Write)

Hi

Nothing conclusive on the manufacturer then?

Washac

Hi All

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but I am getting the distinct impression that if your question is not about DVD then it gets ignored, I hate snobbery.

Well the manufacturer is Moser Baer India Limited, as you can read from the media code I posted earlier. But it could be that the ones you have seen, could be another manufacturer. The only way to find this out is to buy them and have a look at the media code for yourself.

BTW: Please keep in mind that “we” are not some kind of support line, and that you need to have an answer within some hrs. We are all volunteers and most of us have other things to do instead of hanging out here 24 hrs a day.

Anyways I made a test disc form the TDK’s I got, burned at 52X with Liteon LTR-52327S using firmware QS0E. As you can see from the KPROBE scan, the scan are OK.

Hi

Sorry for my impatience, and many many thanks for doing the burn and scan, I use a Mac and have no access to kprobe, nor have I a program for my Mac that reads the media information.

Washac

I belive CDRecord for Mac can read the ATIP with the option:

-atip

But I am not 100% sure, because I do not have a Mac to test it out myself. It might be worth giving it a try, maybe a Mac “Guru” can correct me or give you a name of another program to use.

maybe a Mac “Guru” can correct me or give you a name of another program to use.
Unfortunately there arent many of those around here